My Little Stud Muffin

I love how he kept bobbing his head. Oh well, maybe better luck next time for Hugh! Man he was ready to go for it!

Sorry to be a downer, you have two lovely chams, one of which you subjected to a lot of unneeded stress. Not only was she stressed but you do know she could have bite the crap out of your boy correct? Next question, what is in the cages below where the male was hanging out in the tree? I think you keep snakes and they are predators for chameleons, so your guy could be getting extra stress but maybe not, I don't know.

I know it is interesting to put your chams together and supervise so there is no mating, and I am not trying to be mean to you but you need to consider the effect to your chams. jmo

(yes, i will still send you a laptop.:) )

Sorry to be a downer, you have two lovely chams, one of which you subjected to a lot of unneeded stress. Not only was she stressed but you do know she could have bite the crap out of your boy correct? Next question, what is in the cages below where the male was hanging out in the tree? I think you keep snakes and they are predators for chameleons, so your guy could be getting extra stress but maybe not, I don't know.

I know it is interesting to put your chams together and supervise so there is no mating, and I am not trying to be mean to you but you need to consider the effect to your chams. jmo

(yes, i will still send you a laptop.:) )

Hahah! No worries! I thought about it and did take all of that into consideration... I was watching very closely and yes I knew it would cause some stress but nothing that would hurt them. :) The other tanks all have nocturnal pets in them and are hidden away in their hides asleep. Also, I knew i'd get some "negative" feed back or adive against it. but it's okay, I know it seems irresponsible (spelling ?) BUT thought I would do it carefully. :)

I love how he kept bobbing his head. Oh well, maybe better luck next time for Hugh! Man he was ready to go for it!

Lol! He was totally ready... He's my baby though! After he started leaving sperm plugs everywhere I knew he was turning into a man. :( Lol!

Is there anything special you can do to make females more receptive? All my ladies aren't in the mood for a few months now and it is somewhat frustrating.

It may seen stressful to me but the bottom line is they are your chams and you were watching them. I am just way cautious, comes from me having made too many mistakes with my chams over the years.

Hahah! No worries! I thought about it and did take all of that into consideration... I was watching very closely and yes I knew it would cause some stress but nothing that would hurt them. :) The other tanks all have nocturnal pets in them and are hidden away in their hides asleep. Also, I knew i'd get some "negative" feed back or adive against it. but it's okay, I know it seems irresponsible (spelling ?) BUT thought I would do it carefully. :)

It may seen stressful to me but the bottom line is they are your chams and you were watching them. I am just way cautious, comes from me having made too many mistakes with my chams over the years.

Oh yes of course can't argue with that! It's always good to be extra cautious and you can never be too safe. I won't do this again until they are and i'm ready for them to have little Hugh's and Darla's, lol! I wouldn't recommend someone do this, there is always a chance something can go wrong. Good thing I have this forum, it has prevented plenty of accidents and has taught me LOTS. :D Still love you Laurie and know you were concerned for my Chams safety. ;)

Darla is probably going to start laying now. I'm sure you know about the toll it takes on the females.

Hugh took it rather well, cosidering we was so horny he didnt notice the rejection:p

haha, i dont think it was a problem, if they were older, they probably would do the same thing, thats why you experiement and figure it out . Plus Darla is one of those fiesty Moxy chams, so all about the stress might of been overly stated, it happens in the wild, so no biggie

as long as you were there and you seperated them , all is well. a little stress can be stimulating even, but thats just me

both look great btw:)

Well... As for stress goes yes it is stressful, Also is placing a chameleon in a cage that was once wildcaught, along w/ many other things. One thing to keep in mind is that in the wild, chameleons run across each other unexpected very often. Hence females evolving the ability to ward the male by gaping, puffing up and acting bad. Not saying what u did was either right or wrong, they are your chams. People need to keep in mind that these are not dog/cats/humans they are reptiles, and that whole encounter was forgotten the next minute. Do what makes u enjoy them, as long as you are keeping them correctly everything else should go smooth. Sometimes people overreact, thinking they are super sensitive creatures, although they are, they are also very tuff and can endure alot.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom