My little girl is not eating

Pisul

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, girl about 1-2 months old, i have her for about 3 weeks.
Handling - once per day
Feeding - So here is the problem, she is not eatin even the smallest crickets
Supplements - I duts them with calcium every time and once per two weeks i dust them with vitamins
Watering - I mist my cage about 6-7 times a day cause my girl drinks a lot and i have a great ventilation in cage so the moisure is going down very fast
Fecal Description - she is doing small poop, dark part is small and she is not doing it too often, she poop white liquid often
History -nothin. Maybe she was a little bit stressed for a while when she saw my older male veiled

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen, 25x20x45
Lighting - 12-13 hours per day Exoterra heat bulb 40W and exoterra UVB 5.0
Temperature - on the floor there is 25 (C) and 34 (C) under basking spot.
Humidity - I mist the cage very often, i have two higromethers in the cage and the moisure is about 50% at day and 75% at night
Plants -Schefflera
Placement - My cage is standing on the desk, this is nearby my computer, maybe sometimes here is a little bit loud, but not too much. The cage is about 40 inchs above the floor.
Location - Central Europe, Poland

My problem is that my cham is not eating. She is drinking pretty much but she is not eating at all. she eats maybe... 1 cricket for two days. She is about 4 inchs without tail and it looks like she has a problem with aiming at crickets and she has a very short tounge. She doesn't care about the crickets and if she does, she is shoting her tounge above the target for about 3 times and then she catches it. Her tounge is srsly short. About 1.5 inch when she is hunting. Im afraid of her, cause she is very skinny and tiny. While my second chamaeleon is big, he is eating like a godzilla. Have u got any ideas?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, girl about 1-2 months old, i have her for about 3 weeks.
Handling - once per day
Feeding - So here is the problem, she is not eatin even the smallest crickets
Supplements - I duts them with calcium every time and once per two weeks i dust them with vitamins
Watering - I mist my cage about 6-7 times a day cause my girl drinks a lot and i have a great ventilation in cage so the moisure is going down very fast
Fecal Description - she is doing small poop, dark part is small and she is not doing it too often, she poop white liquid often
History -nothin. Maybe she was a little bit stressed for a while when she saw my older male veiled

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen, 25x20x45
Lighting - 12-13 hours per day Exoterra heat bulb 40W and exoterra UVB 5.0
Temperature - on the floor there is 25 (C) and 34 (C) under basking spot.
Humidity - I mist the cage very often, i have two higromethers in the cage and the moisure is about 50% at day and 75% at night
Plants -Schefflera
Placement - My cage is standing on the desk, this is nearby my computer, maybe sometimes here is a little bit loud, but not too much. The cage is about 40 inchs above the floor.
Location - Central Europe, Poland

My problem is that my cham is not eating. She is drinking pretty much but she is not eating at all. she eats maybe... 1 cricket for two days. She is about 4 inchs without tail and it looks like she has a problem with aiming at crickets and she has a very short tounge. She doesn't care about the crickets and if she does, she is shoting her tounge above the target for about 3 times and then she catches it. Her tounge is srsly short. About 1.5 inch when she is hunting. Im afraid of her, cause she is very skinny and tiny. While my second chamaeleon is big, he is eating like a godzilla. Have u got any ideas?

I'm sorry your little one is not eating. Your baby is very young. Do you have pics. I don't keep girls but I think your temps are a bit high for a baby. I wouldn't go above 29c basking. I would stop handling her for a while as you could be stressing her. Would you check your supplements please. She needs plain calcium dusted lightly daily. Calcium with d3 every two weeks and multivit every two weeks. You seem to be misting an lot. Are you letting viv dry out between mistings? Are you only using crickets? I have two tiny babies and they don't show much interest in crickets but love any kind of flys. Today they enjoyed tiny locusts.

my veiled male doesn't eat crickets. never did, and I doubt he will. As Kate said, try some other feeders and well.. get a fecal done
good luck!

Back
Top Bottom