My little dude climbing away...

Chintz

Dozer climbing a Palm Tree in the back yard..... about 10 feet high... he's crazy lol :D

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 167
oh my gosh, aren't you worried he could get snatched up by a bird!? Mine almost did and it sure taught me a lesson about leaving them exposed like that. We have alot of hawks in the area, maybe you don't but there may be other birds that would find a chameleon desirable prey....

oh my gosh, aren't you worried he could get snatched up by a bird!? Mine almost did and it sure taught me a lesson about leaving them exposed like that. We have alot of hawks in the area, maybe you don't but there may be other birds that would find a chameleon desirable prey....

lol yea I worry about him... but he loves it and I was outside with him the whole time watching.

I know I thought I was watching too until the hawk swooped down from behind me! I was sitting about 1 foot away from my chameleon. Seriously, I literally swatted it when it came in for the kill! It scared the crap out of me! Just be careful!!!

I know I thought I was watching too until the hawk swooped down from behind me! I was sitting about 1 foot away from my chameleon. Seriously, I literally swatted it when it came in for the kill! It scared the crap out of me! Just be careful!!!

Damn! that's crazy. We don't really have to many birds of prey around here anymore.

After that I went out and bought a cage off craigslist for outside. Was just too paranoid. They are always circling around here overhead everyday. If my chameleon did not give me the warning he did(by turning dark and skinny) in a split second he would have got snatched up. just as I turned to see what was up I saw these huge talons sailing by the side of my head and I hit the damn bird! I knocked it off balance and it took off flying! True story!!!!

hawks need to eat too:eek: They usually scare the the fur and feathers off all the critters around my outdoor feeders about 2 mins before arrival. Must be an alarm in the air when they are on the way.

After that I went out and bought a cage off craigslist for outside. Was just too paranoid. They are always circling around here overhead everyday. If my chameleon did not give me the warning he did(by turning dark and skinny) in a split second he would have got snatched up. just as I turned to see what was up I saw these huge talons sailing by the side of my head and I hit the damn bird! I knocked it off balance and it took off flying! True story!!!!

Damn!!! It actually hit you! that's nuts!! lol

all this talk reminds me of a thread back last year. some member had one of her babies outside and was taking pictures. her chameleon was not even close to being 10 feet higher up, but rather more eye level. it only took a split second before a bird swooped down and grabbed.

instant reaction led her to grab a hose miraculously right next to her, she shot the bird and the bird dropped the chameleon in the pool. to make a long story short, she gave her chameleon CPR and saved it's life! i forget who she was, but for sure a hero!

just goes to show, it only takes a second whether or not you're watching them closely. be carefull

also too, dont let them get out of reach. once a chameleon realizes he/she likes outside better, they can dart away from you faster than you can think, and can sometimes take a very long time to get them. it took me a solid 20 minutes on a hot summer day to get kiwi out of a bush in my backyard.. 3 high off the ground! lol

OMG :eek: I would have NEVER even thought about this happening... so glad I saw your post. I can't wait for spring & summer to bring Diego outside. I was planning on letting him roam a bit on a small tree but not now... no way! We have tons of hawks & turkey vultures around my area :(

Chintz that does look like the life though... beautiful. Scary after reading Carols post but beautiful!

all this talk reminds me of a thread back last year. some member had one of her babies outside and was taking pictures. her chameleon was not even close to being 10 feet higher up, but rather more eye level. it only took a split second before a bird swooped down and grabbed.

instant reaction led her to grab a hose miraculously right next to her, she shot the bird and the bird dropped the chameleon in the pool. to make a long story short, she gave her chameleon CPR and saved it's life! i forget who she was, but for sure a hero!

just goes to show, it only takes a second whether or not you're watching them closely. be carefull

also too, dont let them get out of reach. once a chameleon realizes he/she likes outside better, they can dart away from you faster than you can think, and can sometimes take a very long time to get them. it took me a solid 20 minutes on a hot summer day to get kiwi out of a bush in my backyard.. 3 high off the ground! lol
Woww Crazy what happened, great ending thank goodness.
"it took me a solid 20 minutes on a hot summer day to get kiwi out of a bush in my backyard.. 3 high off the ground"....
LMAO I can sooo picture this cause I can see something like that happening to me as well :D but not now after these hawk stories!!!

Woww Crazy what happened, great ending thank goodness.
"it took me a solid 20 minutes on a hot summer day to get kiwi out of a bush in my backyard.. 3 high off the ground"....
LMAO I can sooo picture this cause I can see something like that happening to me as well :D but not now after these hawk stories!!!

i should have been clear to say that it was a very full bush and she was quite fond of it lol.

Damn - that sure beats my story of giving CPR to a drowning dog!

both guardian pet angels in my book lol. what was your story? sounds crazy too, but a little bit more slobbery :p

I had literally come home from a veterinary seminar and one big feature was emergency first aid - literally got home, took my dog out straight away, and he decided that the lake was a good idea - but he has these HUGE ears that stick up and got water in and started shaking his head to get the water out and then went under etc. - stupid mutt... He did the same on boxing day this year, only in a frozen river and went under the ice...i had to go after him - the things we do eh!

The mutt in question - a face only a mother could love!

69128_170035026344830_100000150017800_630083_4670610_n.jpg

I had literally come home from a veterinary seminar and one big feature was emergency first aid - literally got home, took my dog out straight away, and he decided that the lake was a good idea - but he has these HUGE ears that stick up and got water in and started shaking his head to get the water out and then went under etc. - stupid mutt... He did the same on boxing day this year, only in a frozen river and went under the ice...i had to go after him - the things we do eh!

The mutt in question - a face only a mother could love!

ahh hahaha look at him... :D he looks good

Back
Top Bottom