My latest build progress

Came out great! Can't wait to start building mine! I'm getting married next weekend, so it'll have to wait til after that. :D

I'm planning on getting a baby panther cham from someone who is local & is expecting to have babies ready late summer/early fall. Should give me plenty of time to put a really nice cage together. I plan to put a build guide together as well!

I used to own a veiled from '95-2001 or so, he was a lot of fun. Mean as hell though. lol

Congrats on building two really nice cages man, they came out great!

BTW, is the difference the SPOT light (basking)?

Door opens the other way!

WOW! :eek: I'm impressed you got that so quickly! :D When I had it outside I completely forgot which way the door was going to open, so I just did it whichever way I fancied! Then, when I came to think about it, I needed it to open the other way (otherwise I wouldn't be able to get in to do anything!). Thankfully, It was as simple as just turning the whole thing over and making the top the bottom!

Came out great! Can't wait to start building mine! I'm getting married next weekend, so it'll have to wait til after that. :D

I'm planning on getting a baby panther cham from someone who is local & is expecting to have babies ready late summer/early fall. Should give me plenty of time to put a really nice cage together. I plan to put a build guide together as well!

I used to own a veiled from '95-2001 or so, he was a lot of fun. Mean as hell though. lol

Congrats on building two really nice cages man, they came out great!

BTW, is the difference the SPOT light (basking)?

Just thought I'd say congratulations and good luck!

Jealousy is pooling up inside me...that is amazing. You sir, you are the man! Congrats on a job done epically...

Why thanks! You'll be able to build something similar though! It's not bad when you get going! You bought the base for yours yet?

p.s: I took some much better pictures this morning with the lights on! I shall get those up this evening after work! I also need to add the final pieces of wood/vines and possibly a plant in the back corner (I have fake ones that I might use...)

Anyway, keep an eye on this thread for updates of the enclosure and the new cham who I'll have tomorrow evening! I will eventually release a pdf with all the pictures and steps in for everyone to download, so keep an eye out for that too!

Any questions, post here or drop me a pm!

Right, well here are the pictures I took this morning that are a bit better! I've put in some more wood now and other bits and pieces, so I'll post pics of the final thing tomorrow.

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

Your cages look really nice. In particular I like the potted base. Can I ask roughly how much the whole finished cage weighs? Have you thought about putting them on casters?

I couldn't really put a weight on it. I could lift the base when it was planted but didn't have the top frame on it, but now that's there, I wouldn't be able to get the same sort of leverage/hand positioning! It's slides really well without casters so it's not hard to move! I got it upstairs by lying a ladder up the stairs and just pushing it up the ladder.

I was tempted by wheels at one point as I could have fixed them through to the arris rail (the triangular wood in the base) quite easily and I think they would have taken the weight, but I was a little unsure so didn't bother. My problem with casters is that they are normally pretty rubbish and make dents in your carpet. At least this way with the whole bottom piece being flat, the weight is well distributed! It definitely could be done though with 1 in each corner. The base certainly weighs less than me and I sit on a computer chair without any issues! :p

and yet, still no pics of his GF modeling the cage................damn Red Coats!:rolleyes::p

Very nice work man.....glad to see your really getting into the building process

WAIT! Do I see an uneven top??!!! Hmmmmmm..........................:p

Looking good man! Is the your chameleon that you built it for coming today?

Good luck! You must extremely excited!

Thanks! He certainly is! Here are some pics!

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

and yet, still no pics of his GF modeling the cage................damn Red Coats!:rolleyes::p

Very nice work man.....glad to see your really getting into the building process

WAIT! Do I see an uneven top??!!! Hmmmmmm..........................:p

Yeah, sorry about that! She's at Uni, so she hasn't been back in a while. I'll get one of her in a bikini next to it yeah???

Yeah, I was sort of hoping no one would see that! I think it's from when I had to flip it over because I ****ed up the way the door was meant to open! Thankfully it is still operational! :p

Two slightly better pics with the wood and what not in:

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

Tell me about it! I've seen him a few times so far! He's moving well and has already taken a few small locusts!

Great looking little guy! The way you filled your cage looks really nice too. I'm jealous! :)

He ought to really enjoy all that room. Does he seem like he's staying in one area of the cage, or is he doing a lot of exploring?

He's exploring everywhere! I figured he'd just stay hidden at the back a bit a first (it's what my Yemen did when I first got him) but he's been absolutely everywhere! Hei would see him down at the front left schefflera, then when I next checked up, he was in the top rght back corner near the misting nozzle! His colouration is relaxed, so things must be good!

What can i say after these pictures... really awesome. I really like it. Seems more doable than order a screen cage, also can be fit in the place i have at the flat. Spectacular, really! Gonna read through this thread several times more :)
And ofc cant wait for the step-by step pdf or something like that, you mentioned before. :)
Great work! Gratz!

And your new cham is lookin good too! Gonna get my sambava in november or december, so i know about the "waiting for a new chameleon" thing :)

Greetings!

Richard

awesome stuff!! couple questions

what plants did you use? what is your compost made of? do you have 4" of that hydroton? and finally, now that you have built a couple cages, what is your preferred stain and sealer?

thanks a bunch

Back
Top Bottom