my jacksons nails

sarroca808

my jackson has some missing nails from climbing on his screen cage is there anything i can do to prevent this?

Same with me take away all the branches near the screen and hopefully she will be scared to crawl on the screen again this is common with all jacksons.

No idea, mine does it all the time too. And his cage is just stuffed with endless options for climbing, but he likes to go up and down the back screen. He's missing one nail as a result, but since I've gotten him two more plant it's stopped to a degree.

Maybe try the alternative, and just stick plants in there wall to wall? So he has no choice but to use the branches? Another option is to buy that plastic covered [not sure what to call it... screen, fencing? This stuff: http://latimes.image2.trb.com/lanews/media/photo/2009-03/45603978.jpg ] and put that on the inside walls of your cage. This way, he can still use the sides but he's got a wider, gentler grip for his feet and nails.

I covered 3 walls of both cages with a twine grid for climbing...and they use it that way...but both also go to the door, which is not covered, and try to climb it. I even hung vines in the doorway to give them an alternative climbing option...but nooooooo...I think it's part of their plan to drive us insane.

my jackson has some missing nails from climbing on his screen cage is there anything i can do to prevent this?
is your cage home built or a standard commercial cham cage? regular cham cages are fairly easy to dismantle and rescreen. i prefer super pet screen by st gobain fabrics. its 8x tougher than standard fiberglass screening, and it has a coating that makes it a lot less snaggy. it installs just like regular screen except that it uses smaller spline. i will be glad to send your a sample if you want to check it out. or if you have a homebuilt cage you may be able to use 1/8"-1/2" coated wire mesh like in my avatar. either of those two choices will save your chams nails but everything has its pluses and minuses, some chams are destined to roam.

Back
Top Bottom