My Jacksons Chameleon Aaron

Aaron and Thea

Hi, i'm new to chameleon forums and I know there are a lot of smart people on here. I have a Jackson's Chameleon and a Veiled Chameleon. I have had my Jackson's Aaron for almost 3 months now. He is juvenile and seems pretty healthy and happy. I have some pics of him and his cage below and i would love to receive some constructional critsism. I feed him around 8 medium crickets a day and a superworm or two every other week. I also feed him mealworms and wax worms occasionally. I have his cage around 75 and up during the day and around 67-70 during the night. It is usually 60 percent humidity. Thank you
IMG_9223.jpg
IMG_9224.jpg
IMG_9225.jpg
IMG_9226.jpg

Aaron is a cute guy. He probably would appreciate a few more horizontal branches to wander around on and maybe a pothos to fill in the cage while you wait for your other plants to fill in. I hope you have him on a different and much lighter supplement schedule than you do for your veiled.

"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. As a montane species (native to higher altitudes) Jackson's have decreased supplementation requirements compared to tropical species due to metabolism differences. Use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) twice a week, a multivitamin once a month, and calcium with D3 once a month."

There is a form that will help us help you adjust your husbandry if you want. See below

hameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

;
Aaron is a cute guy. He probably would appreciate a few more horizontal branches to wander around on and maybe a pothos to fill in the cage while you wait for your other plants to fill in. I hope you have him on a different and much lighter supplement schedule than you do for your veiled.

"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. As a montane species (native to higher altitudes) Jackson's have decreased supplementation requirements compared to tropical species due to metabolism differences. Use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) twice a week, a multivitamin once a month, and calcium with D3 once a month."

There is a form that will help us help you adjust your husbandry if you want. See below

hameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Thank You so much. I do have him on a lighter supplement schedule than my veiled. I will take your advice on the pothos and branches. That cage was made that day so it was newly decorated. I will do the form below.

hameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - I have a Jackson's chameleon- he is around 5-8 months old, maybe younger, i have had him for 3 months.
  • Handling - I handle him to clean the cage and to bring him to the shower.
  • Feeding -I feed him 8 crickets a day- around that. I also feed superworms, mealworms and waxworms.
  • Supplements - I do a light dusting of fluckers calcuim without d3 around 2-3 times a week. I use reptivite without d3 once a month
  • Watering - I mist 3 times a day, with a generous amount of water. I use a dripper and i see him drinking often.
  • Fecal Description - His poop is a normal color and pee is white and sometimes a tiny bit yellow. He has not been tested for parasites.
  • History - None

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I have a screen cage that is 2 ft wide and 2 ft long and 4ft high.
  • Lighting - I use fulkers heating lamp, it does a good job, i use reptisun 5.0 for uvb.
  • Temperature - I have a day temp range of 74 to 79 and a night range of 67 to 71.
  • Humidity - My humitidy levels are around 55-78 and i use a digital hydrometer.
  • Plants - I use a cast iron plant, a dragon tree, some pothos/hydrecena and a palm.
  • Placement - My cage is near a window that lets in light, but i never open it.
  • Location - I live in MASS

Hi and welcome yeah so your little guy is cool and definitely appreciate some more horizontal branches for exploring you could get a nice pothos for your back right corner really easy to keep and fill in really well.

Hi and welcome yeah so your little guy is cool and definitely appreciate some more horizontal branches for exploring you could get a nice pothos for your back right corner really easy to keep and fill in really well.
thx, this pic is from when i just made the cage so i added more, i would say the same. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom