My Jacksonii Jacksonii just mated...first time breeder...need advice

aimhigher38

58163_10151822606735898_1496341873_n.jpg

My jacksonii mated yesterday and Ive never bred Jacksons before..... Any advice for me from experience breeders? I still have the pair together...when do i separate? Do i need to give me supplements to the female? and how long before she gives birth? Do i separate the babies right away? how do i take care of the babies?

TJJacksoni

No advise but I have 1.2 and they r ready to breed also!!! I would love to possibly do a baby swap for new blood if u r interested !!! Pm me if u r!!!

-__- that is a female T. werneri, 100% guaranteed. I can't believe you didn't even know you didn't have the same species and are keeping species as uncommon as these are.

The OP has 129 posts so obviously a newcomer to the forum. Your sarcasm is the reason lots of people are getting turned off by this forum. Just because you think you know everything, doesn't give you the right to put down the OP for an innocent post. Nobody will want to post anything on here if we treat people like that.

58163_10151822606735898_1496341873_n.jpg

My jacksonii mated yesterday and Ive never bred Jacksons before..... Any advice for me from experience breeders? I still have the pair together...when do i separate? Do i need to give me supplements to the female? and how long before she gives birth? Do i separate the babies right away? how do i take care of the babies?

I didn't look close at the picture last night but it does appear u have two different chams,looks like a good opportunity to me,just find a mate for each one and u have 2 pairs. :) don't feel bad for not noticing its hard to tell at times even for the most experienced and especially when we get excited about our chams :D good luck finding a mate for them! Both are nice chams!

ey people don´t be racist, they love eachother.

no lol jk but nice chams, try to get pairs och respective espices

The OP has 129 posts so obviously a newcomer to the forum. Your sarcasm is the reason lots of people are getting turned off by this forum. Just because you think you know everything, doesn't give you the right to put down the OP for an innocent post. Nobody will want to post anything on here if we treat people like that.

I totally understand your point of view. However we also have to accept that when there is a forum for a rather specialized and complicated subject such as Chameleons and their care, there will be always a few who take their passion dead serious to the point that it becomes very lecturing and aggressive. Mellowness and generosity comes with age and maturity.

To the OP: you have two nice looking Chams there. My main question concerning this thread is now: do these two lovebirds produce liveble offsprings? In my understanding, they should be closely related enough to be able to. Has there been a pairing before?

644484_10151824983035898_129361794_n.jpg

Here's a better pic...What do u think she is now??

These were fairly new purchases that i obtained from a local store... Ive been keeping main Panthers until recently I decided to try keeping Jacksons....

The local store had a shipment of wild caught chams ....I think they brought in Jacksonii, Melleri, Mt Meru, and some others I forgot.....

They sold me these so I wouldnt know any better since I trust the local store....remember I am new to jacksons......actually this is the ONLY female cham I have in my chameleon collection.... I never thought of or considered breeding chams... I have only raised chameleons for 1.5 half year .

I totally understand your point of view. However we also have to accept that when there is a forum for a rather specialized and complicated subject such as Chameleons and their care, there will be always a few who take their passion dead serious to the point that it becomes very lecturing and aggressive. Mellowness and generosity comes with age and maturity.

To the OP: you have two nice looking Chams there. My main question concerning this thread is now: do these two lovebirds produce liveble offsprings? In my understanding, they should be closely related enough to be able to. Has there been a pairing before?

I had these for only 3 weeks or so....they are wild caught and purchase from a local store.

-__- that is a female T. werneri, 100% guaranteed. I can't believe you didn't even know you didn't have the same species and are keeping species as uncommon as these are.

I normally keep panthers and never raised or purchased a jackson cham until about 2 months ago... I purchased these from a local store that brought in wild caught chams.... I only know what the store tells me

I think you have got a pair of two separate species. The female you have got with the single nose horn, lobs, and unique scales down the spine or dorsal region does appear to be a female Trioceros werneri.

Are they genetically compatible for mating?

Would the babies resemble the male or female?

Back
Top Bottom