My Hibiscus is dying... I think.

So a little less than 2 weeks ago my UVB stopped working. And the one plant that cannot be reached by my heat lamp (my hibiscus) immediately stopped blooming its flowers and gradually the leaves began to fall off. On trunk has lost all of its leaves and is now just a blank stalk. I have replaced my UVB but in the meantime, I took my nightstand light and am shining it on the Hibiscus. Would this work and prevent it from dying in the next couple of days until I get my UVB back? If not please help and suggest other methods.

Thank you.

So a little less than 2 weeks ago my UVB stopped working. And the one plant that cannot be reached by my heat lamp (my hibiscus) immediately stopped blooming its flowers and gradually the leaves began to fall off. On trunk has lost all of its leaves and is now just a blank stalk. I have replaced my UVB but in the meantime, I took my nightstand light and am shining it on the Hibiscus. Would this work and prevent it from dying in the next couple of days until I get my UVB back? If not please help and suggest other methods.

Thank you.
take the plant out and let it get some natural sun for a while . its going to take a while for it to bounce back

Uvb has almost no impact on plants. That wouldn't be helping or hurting the plants. Hibiscus need a ton of light, a nightstand light will do next to nothing for it. The only hope you have of growing them is with powerful grow lights. By the sounds of it your hibiscus is under attack by some sort of pest which take advantage of stressed out plants(lack of light, watering issues, etc)

Uvb has almost no impact on plants. That wouldn't be helping or hurting the plants. Hibiscus need a ton of light, a nightstand light will do next to nothing for it. The only hope you have of growing them is with powerful grow lights. By the sounds of it your hibiscus is under attack by some sort of pest which take advantage of stressed out plants(lack of light, watering issues, etc)
for this reason I only use pothos for my indoor cages ! they don't need any special light . 5 years and I have yet to kill one .:)

Ok. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom