My guinea pigs

Trinacham

Ruben & Merlin. These two are the babies of the family. They are nearly 2.
rubenmerlin.jpg

Misty - the oldest at 5. She was mid-chew when I took this.
100_5186.jpg

Emmy (I reared her as a baby when I bred guinea pigs a few years back).
100_5228.jpg

And her more scatty sister, Erin.
100_5242.jpg

Isabel - the bossiest pig I know. The funny thing is, she's the smallest. Turned 4 this month. She's also one that I reared myself.
100_5276.jpg

And finally my hairest pig, Rico, and his cagemate, Harley.
100_1277.jpg

:)

Those are some pigs!

I'm a sucker for cavies, and yours do look nice. The three, Erin, Harley, and Emmy, would they be called charcoal self? I always try to remember the terms but am never sure of them. I think they're especially nice. And Rico, is he a texel? Looks like some texture to his hair.
I saw some baby hairless today, skinny pigs. I bred a few generations of those. It was tough not to get a couple, they were only $50 each. But the house is full!
Thanks for the pig pics!
Andy
I attached a picture from a few years ago, it's me holding my pig Hazel.

Attachments

• V+Hazel.jpg
    V+Hazel.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 116
I'm a sucker for cavies, and yours do look nice. The three, Erin, Harley, and Emmy, would they be called charcoal self? I always try to remember the terms but am never sure of them. I think they're especially nice. And Rico, is he a texel? Looks like some texture to his hair.
I saw some baby hairless today, skinny pigs. I bred a few generations of those. It was tough not to get a couple, they were only $50 each. But the house is full!
Thanks for the pig pics!
Andy
I attached a picture from a few years ago, it's me holding my pig Hazel.

No, those 3 are Silver Solid Agoutis. They are like the silver agouti except they have flecks all over the body - silver agoutis do not have flecks on their bellies. They are classed as a rare variety. With Emmy, when I used to show, she often got 'Best Rare'. :)

Rico is an Alpaca. His hair grows over his face. Whereas on a Texel, it grows towards the rump. They are very similar, and people often confuse him for a Texel.:)

It is even harder to find skinny pigs in the UK! I have never seen one in real life, only in photos. They cost around £80 here (that's about $160 I think).

Silver Solid Agoutis

That's the sort of cavi that keeps me from getting more. No way to choose! They really are good lookers. Glad you like my photo of Havel. His father, Skinny, was "Pig of the Month" on the Nearly Hairless site once.

Back
Top Bottom