My Green Tree Python

Dragonbud

Here's my one year old Sorong Green Tree Python "Boogie" he shed last night. He/She is an docile as a kitten.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

I will add he's totally docile with the lights on, but I don't dare go in there with the lights off. He's cocked and ready at night. lol

Very pretty! I don't know much about these guys....do you know of any good forums for them?

A good forum is
http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/

A lot of breeder in there but they are always ready to help. They got me through a few speed bumps. But GTPs are really not hard to take care of. Just read the care sheet. Once I got my humidity level right it was no sweat. But like I said the people on the forum are helpful just like here since I am a Chameleon newbie.

I actually got him Virginia Beach at a place called Pet Paradise the breeder was a local guy who would sell them a few babies here and there. There were pictures of the Dam and Sire there for people to see they told me the guys name because I wanted to know genealogy but it never worked out for me to talk to him. I know that's not what you were looking for, so I guess the answer is I don't know.;)

Right on. The reason I asked is that I don't think there are too many clutches of Sorongs hatching here but the guy I got one of my Aru's from also breeds a high blue line of Sorongs and I wondered if it could have been one of his. Since he's in Arizona, I'm guessing it wasn't him, haha.

Beautiful Python, i love the color. Are they tame enough to handle frequently, or are they more like chameleons in that respect?

since we are posting snakes, here are my two boa's Rambo and Rocky(she shed right after this photo)
Rambo10-1.jpg

DSCI00492.jpg

since we are posting snakes, here are my two boa's Rambo and Rocky

DSCI00492.jpg

I love that albino redtail (I hope I got that right)

Man, all I have are classic beginner snakes...two corns and a rough green. My corns are a big anery female and a medium super red normal male (het for amel or something like that?)

The rough green is a neat little guy and I have had him since sometime around April 08. I hear they don't usually last long in captivity, but I think Juli told me that she has a friend who has had one for 12 years.

Beautiful Python, i love the color. Are they tame enough to handle frequently, or are they more like chameleons in that respect?

I'm no expert by far on GTP's but from what I have read you basically treat them as you would a Chameleon. IE Rarely handle if at all when they are babies for they are fragile. I would handle mine a couple times a month for 10 or 15 minutes just being very careful with it. Here is a great site by a man who wrote a great book on GTPs you can read all about them there he is the expert.
http://www.finegtps.com/ check out the prices on the snakes it will blow you away.

I love aboreal boas and pythons, ATB's are my favorite, but GTP's are beautiful ultimate display snakes. Very good looking snake, make sure you get the pictures when he or she starts changing.

Back
Top Bottom