My free range setup! Check it out

See attached photo for my setup..

All fake stuff with vines and sticks that are natural. I got the glass from a shelving unit in the house .. the glass works really good. The basking light and uv are both adjustable. Right now we are just misting about 5 times a day. Will add a dripper eventually. My Jackson also goes outside every day on his tree for some real sunshine aND rain . What do you think ?

Attachments

• 2016-05-26 20.28.59.jpg
    2016-05-26 20.28.59.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 638
  • 2016-03-14 17.10.40.png
    2016-03-14 17.10.40.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 683
^^^^ yep. That's the only thing I was thinking.... might want to find some way to get the cords off the ground so he can't climb them, up to the light post and up to the light. Other than that, it looks tight. I like it.

Nice. What lamp is that you're using for the lights?

The only thing I can think of is making sure he can't use the gaps in the glass to wedge his feet in and climb over it. He's a great looking Jackson's.

Looks absolutely great! You may want to make sure there is no way for your Cham to climb the power cords and get to the light fixtures. Could cause some burns if he manages to get up there.

Thanks , I have since cleaned up the cords where he can't climb them. And good thing he can't grip the light fixture!

Nice. What lamp is that you're using for the lights?

The only thing I can think of is making sure he can't use the gaps in the glass to wedge his feet in and climb over it. He's a great looking Jackson's.

I have been watching him explore when he thinks I'm not there. He has tried but it seems to slippery to get a grip and climb out . In the meantime I will come up with an idea to make it seamless. Maybe glue plastic clear strip to go over gaps? Thanks for the feedback

Is this a F/T freerange, or P/T? If it's full time, how are you going to deal with the water issue?

It looks fantastic! I love that glass barrier. I may have to try something similar!

Wish I could do something like this, but I'm scared of my cat getting into trouble while I'm away

I was too! I have a small 2 year old Russian Blu female. She's never seen a chameleon before and today he happened to climb down to the rim of the bottom of his enclosure while I was in the room and she raised herself up to touch her nose to his then sat immediately back down. He turned colors and she didnt try again to smell him. It was honestly reassuring to find out shes Just curious and not Imterested, because we leave them home alone while at work. In 2 months not a single incident:) I believe it depends on what breed of cat whether a down to the core friendly breed or if your cat shows signs of predator behavior, just Reinforce that, that place is a No :) I heard chameleons dont like cats too and I dont necessarily believe that either, as much as I believe chameleons are cautious and easily influenced negatively by anything at any given moment lol

I think thats a really awesome enclosure and being a dispensary agent, gotta say I dig the fake marijuana leaves lol I believe I have a solution to your water concerns and suggestion over adding a dripper. A water humidifier! :D My cham is very comfortable with this 72 hour room size cool humidifier I found off offerup for $30. My boyfriend has asthma too so ita good for the environment of your home as well. Yes, I keep a dual thermometer that shows his areas humidity and temps are appropriate just to verify :) Heres what my free range kinda contained enclosure looks like! I still need to add another potted plant or two and surrounding shelves we want to install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 215
Back
Top Bottom