my form

Nancygal

Had a hard time to find this, but copied from another and i think i have the animal husbandry form, so here it is. will do my answers in another color.

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? I got kharma the second to the last week of April 2020, she is a gal and not sure how old she is.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? As little as possible as not to stress, but enough she is comfortable doing it and with me
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Been feeding him crickets and snaps them up, What amount? about 5 to 8 a day. What is the schedule? Give in the morning, so she has free reign to hunt all day long.How are you gut-loading your feeders? been using flukers, and lettuce and carrots

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • I use Reptavite Calciumn d3 every 2 wks alternating with the multivitamin,. She gets misted in the am and thru out the day for drinking and humidity, am buying a mister next month

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Good consistency, no undigested crickets in feces. and urine is proper as well. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. She is a bit unique, has a habit of standing on back legs to hunt. Totally being bipedal sometimes, but helps show that her bones are strong or she would'nt be able to do this move. Am concerned about setting up an egg box for here as August iscoming and that's when they lay. Also i want to know what exact species she is, not sure if she is a Yemen or not. will put pics up
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 24 x24x 36 inches screen, is located in an alcove in the living room, but is a mellow spot and not a lot of activity around her
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? reptizoo, t8 What is your daily lighting schedule? UVB on all day, and basking as well and let her thermoregulate as i have AC on and if not us humans can't coexsist lol

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Goes from the 60's down low to 80's at the highest point. I check with a heat gun as i get a better accurate reading then just a temp gauge located where ever. Also can check her body temp to ensure all is good with her. Lowest overnight temp? So far with summer temps and such, her nightime temps hover between, 67 and 70 degrees, not night light so she can cool at night. How do you measure these temps? HEat gun

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? they are running correct. How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Constant misting, lol and well summer right now. will be buying a mister next month. What do you use to measure humidity? the meter that does that don't know it's name.

• Plants - Are you using live plants? Right now plastic, i know. Will be getting real ones asap. If so, what kind?
  • List of safe plants here. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? It's in an alcove in my dining room. Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? There is a ceiling fan on low and AC, pointing away from, did a hand check to make sure there isn't too much air movement, but at the same time the air isn't stagnant as well. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Oh geez, at the very least the top is at least 6 feet off the ground maybe higher.

• Location - Where are you geographically located? South Eastern Pennsylvania, outside of philly
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about is that there is a cricket shortage going on in my area. any good sources online?

Will post edited set up when I go back inside. Have since got rid of some lights, got hood for uvb, moved stuff from top and gave more free room for basking. Added a feeder cup and am hoping she discovers it and eats the worms.

Attachments

• 20200719_154516.jpg
    20200719_154516.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200719_150131.jpg
    20200719_150131.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 145
Had a hard time to find this, but copied from another and i think i have the animal husbandry form, so here it is. will do my answers in another color.

Im putting my feedback in bold.
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? I got kharma the second to the last week of April 2020, she is a gal and not sure how old she is. Not too goodwith age but maybe 3-6 months
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? As little as possible as not to stress, but enough she is comfortable doing it and with me
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Been feeding him crickets and snaps them up, What amount? about 5 to 8 a day. Gradually slow down her feeding as she gets older. Once she's an adult only give about 3-4 every other day.What is the schedule? Give in the morning, so she has free reign to hunt all day long.How are you gut-loading your feeders? been using flukers, and lettuce and carrots Make sure your not using spinach; it binds calcium

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • I use Reptavite Calciumn d3 every 2 wks alternating with the multivitamin,. She gets misted in the am and thru out the day for drinking and humidity, am buying a mister next month for supplementation use calci dust WITHOUT d3 every day and then use the one with d3 every two weeks like you said

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Good consistency, no undigested crickets in feces. and urine is proper as well. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No good idea to get tested

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. She is a bit unique, has a habit of standing on back legs to hunt. Totally being bipedal sometimes, but helps show that her bones are strong or she would'nt be able to do this move. Am concerned about setting up an egg box for here as August iscoming and that's when they lay. Also i want to know what exact species she is, not sure if she is a Yemen or not. will put pics up shes a yemen, and you'll need to get a lay bin asap. They don't have a schedule for laying they do it whenver theyre ready. Sometimes winter, sometimes summer etc. get that lay bin!!!
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 24 x24x 36 inches screen, is located in an alcove in the living room, but is a mellow spot and not a lot of activity around her
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? reptizoo, t8 What is your daily lighting schedule? UVB on all day, and basking as well and let her thermoregulate as i have AC on and if not us humans can't coexsist lol Ok so you need a T5HO linear uvb fixture. The heat lamp is fine. here's one on walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zoo-Med-ReptiSun-T5-HO-Terrarium-Hood-24/36960111

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Goes from the 60's down low to 80's at the highest point. I check with a heat gun as i get a better accurate reading then just a temp gauge located where ever. Also can check her body temp to ensure all is good with her. Lowest overnight temp? So far with summer temps and such, her nightime temps hover between, 67 and 70 degrees, not night light so she can cool at night. How do you measure these temps? HEat gun

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? they are running correct. anywhere between 30 - 50% is good during the day How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Constant misting, lol and well summer right now. will be buying a mister next month. What do you use to measure humidity? the meter that does that don't know it's name.

• Plants - Are you using live plants? Right now plastic, i know. Will be getting real ones asap. yes as you may know veileds sometimes like to eat plants. If so, what kind?
  • List of safe plants here. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? It's in an alcove in my dining room. Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? There is a ceiling fan on low and AC, pointing away from, did a hand check to make sure there isn't too much air movement, but at the same time the air isn't stagnant as well. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Oh geez, at the very least the top is at least 6 feet off the ground maybe higher.

• Location - Where are you geographically located? South Eastern Pennsylvania, outside of philly
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about is that there is a cricket shortage going on in my area. any good sources online?

Nancygal

I have used Josh's Frogs and Lindas Gone Buggie in the last month and was very pleased with them.
Thanks. I am trying to get her to eat from feeder cup and she sees the movement but hasn't gone for it yet. Gonna try again tomorrow. eventually she will figure it out, hopefully. lol

Hi @Nancygal have you seen this gutloading chart yet? I have found it to be super helpful to reference. It's really helpful. Carrots are good and the type of lettuce matters - you want a variety of greens and a fruit for moisture. Flukers doesn't provide the important nutrients your chameleon needs via gutloading.

chameleon-gutload (2).jpg

Thanks and about that laying bin, how big and deep does it need to be. And everything I see, it says to be damp, but how damp ya know. Been trying to cup train her to eat worms, roaches, and such. Have crickets and wax worms in there now. She's getting interested, been using the tongues to show her the wiggle worms, and she was getting ready to strike. But, didn't, darn shy eater lol. But, does track as I slowly lower then back in the bowl and keeps looking. ugh, what a process but the best part is she is getting use to me and is starting to connect me with food. Wierd thing is, she seems to want to be with me. Odd as usually would puff and put on a show ya know.

Thanks and about that laying bin, how big and deep does it need to be. And everything I see, it says to be damp, but how damp ya know. Been trying to cup train her to eat worms, roaches, and such. Have crickets and wax worms in there now. She's getting interested, been using the tongues to show her the wiggle worms, and she was getting ready to strike. But, didn't, darn shy eater lol. But, does track as I slowly lower then back in the bowl and keeps looking. ugh, what a process but the best part is she is getting use to me and is starting to connect me with food. Wierd thing is, she seems to want to be with me. Odd as usually would puff and put on a show ya know.
the lay bin should be about 6 inches

Ok peeps got my chameleon friendly plants and soil. Washed and rinsed my plants real good, and got rid of the other soil, without hurting the plant, replanted in bigger containers and with organic soil. then placed those bad boys in there!!
She immediately loves them, totally went to them to drink!! And yes Virginia the real deal is way better and holds the water on the leaves way better!!!!
Never again will she have to do a shed rubbing on those damn plastic rough leaves again!!!

Attachments

• 20200724_141153.jpg
    20200724_141153.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200724_141219.jpg
    20200724_141219.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200724_141233.jpg
    20200724_141233.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 97
Ok peeps got my chameleon friendly plants and soil. Washed and rinsed my plants real good, and got rid of the other soil, without hurting the plant, replanted in bigger containers and with organic soil. then placed those bad boys in there!!
She immediately loves them, totally went to them to drink!! And yes Virginia the real deal is way better and holds the water on the leaves way better!!!!
Never again will she have to do a shed rubbing on those damn plastic rough leaves again!!!
I see you upgraded to a t5 bulb! Was it arcadia or reptisun and what % was it (check the box)

Back
Top Bottom