My first female - help with feeding schedule

Lingling

I just got a pair of Jackson's (xanths) today. Up to this point, all of my chameleons have been male (aside from some female Brevs). I know that the feeding schedule is generally lighter for females, but I'd love if someone could tell me exactly how it should differ from the male's. The female is just over a year old and looks gravid (she had been with the male for a couple weeks before I purchased them). I'm going to try and pick up a scale this week so I can monitor her weight, assuming that she is pregnant. What should her normal feeding schedule be on average, and should I feed her any differently while she is gravid? I'm mostly asking about frequency and amount of feeders, I already use a variety of feeders.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hey there,

I don't have an answer to your question, although I am also curious about the answer, but I wanted to say congrats on your first little girl, and if she does end up being gravid, good luck to you on egg laying and incubation! :)

Hey there,

I don't have an answer to your question, although I am also curious about the answer, but I wanted to say congrats on your first little girl, and if she does end up being gravid, good luck to you on egg laying and incubation! :)

She's actually a livebearing species, which I am super excited about! And nervous, that too.

Back
Top Bottom