My first chameleon!

Ariel_regian

I just got my little guy! Everything set up I just had one question how long are u guys misting for? My humidity is 60% in the day time and around 70% at night I just want to make sure he’s getting enough water I’m misting for 2 mins twice daily. Photo of my little guy and we are calling him master shifu off of kung fu panda lol.thank you!!!

Attachments

• 8E6B136D-AA05-4890-9D18-EECACE54409B.png
    8E6B136D-AA05-4890-9D18-EECACE54409B.png
    534.8 KB · Views: 85
Every cham is different. Some wont start drinking for a good 5-10min soak. Others hide and wont come out to drink from the leaves till the rain stops. Others run out and take eye ball spin showers in the mist...

But your main goal is to make sure the cage dries out between mistings to prevent mold.

Every cham is different. Some wont start drinking for a good 5-10min soak. Others hide and wont come out to drink from the leaves till the rain stops. Others run out and take eye ball spin showers in the mist...

But your main goal is to make sure the cage dries out between mistings to prevent mold.
Yes he is 4 months and I just got him shipped to me that’s what the breeder was doing so I was trying to stay on the same misting system but I just feel like I should be going long that’s why I wanted to ask!

You’re lucky with those humidity levels , I would just do A little before lights on and a little before lights off . my cams don’t drink , but their humidity levels are almost 100% at night and 50 to 60 during the day ..

Yes I try my best to keep it like that!!
One other thing you can do to be sure they’re hydrated is check the poops , if they’re moist but firm you’re good to go , if they’re dry not enough moister if they’re wet like diarrhea then they’re getting too much .. enjoy yourself don’t stress too much Watch chamaeleon Academy and you’ll find Chamaeleon keeping quite rewarding 😊👌

Back
Top Bottom