My first batch of hornworms eggs 🥰

summerseeking

Avid Member
I just gathered my first batch of hornworms eggs. 102 and counting. So excited! The eggs are beautiful. I’m going to feed about half of them and pupate the other half. Depending on how many I end up with and how many hatch. There are still a few moths that haven’t emerged yet. Imma have A LOT of hornworms soon lol

2FBC2E8F-E22A-4D3A-B768-7DD5636E30F8.jpeg

F2EB23B0-2EB4-4EFE-A06C-2EC1B14F8FAC.jpeg

Bravo! Please write a blog and share with me. I grow my own crickets and found a rescue where i take they extras when i have too many. Maybe you can find a rescue that would like your extra hornworms if you have more than you need.

That’s an awesome idea. We have a local rescue here in Vallejo that my friend/reason I got into reptiles volunteers with! Thanks for the suggestion.

Great job! And before editing one of my posts, I wanted to trade.. Glad I deleted.. lol

Silks for hornworms? Lol

I’m still learning and I’m having so much trouble with them. I’m thinking it was because I was feeding mulberry leaves and is so hard to keep the leaves fresh long enough in their box for them to eat enough. Unless I dump a lot of leaves then it makes cleaning a nightmare 😅. Hoping using silk chow will make a difference. So far so good.

It will! My first time along with assistance here and other members gave me the success. I actually tried rehydrating the chow after some were letting me know it dries up quick. Now, I mist the food along with the babies and have no issues. Noticed with help here and pics, they don't breath out their mouths so figured a quick mist should work fine. Have not had any food dry up since.. We are all learning--
Thanks for sharing! :D (y)

It will! My first time along with assistance here and other members gave me the success. I actually tried rehydrating the chow after some were letting me know it dries up quick. Now, I mist the food along with the babies and have no issues. Noticed with help here and pics, they don't breath out their mouths so figured a quick mist should work fine. Have not had any food dry up since.. We are all learning--
Thanks for sharing! :D (y)
That's good to know. I've been carefully dripping water only on the food 😂😂😂 needless to say that sucks lol

Back
Top Bottom