My first baby veileds hatched. YEAH!!!!

chamlover

My little panther girl Sasha laid her second clutch today and everything went very well. We were checking the incubator to see which sized container to use for her eggs and decided to check on the veiled eggs and SURPRISE! There were 4 little eyes looking back at us. We thought they had another 2-4 wks to go. It seemed like just yesterday that they mating, Yeah just 9 little ol months ago. lol. They are sooo cute! I can't go to sleep now, i'm just too excited. i had to share with someone. So someone; look what cute babies i have! It looks like there are a few more that are ready as well. It looked like one had a small hole in it and was peeking out. Cant be sure it was it's eyes or well, you know. Either way it was still cute. Did i say they were cute?

Debby
100_0830.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My hubby is in charge of hatching eggs, but i believe he keeps the temps at 78. We use an incubator and the temps are very consistent. Only 20 more to go. I wonder how many little flys i should get. Any idea?

Debby

We're doing 78 degrees, too. No, I personally have not had any hatchlings yet, so don't know how many flies they'll eat. I've read that they do have big appetites, though. We started flightless FF cultures, so hopefully we'll have enough when the time comes.

CONGRATS DEBBIE!!!:D:):D:)... They are super cute! I am waiting for my girl to do her laying... Then I get my exercise in patience... I am themost impatient person there is so I hope it goes by as fast as yours did!

~Joe

veiled hatchlings

first day or two don't be surprised if they don't eat. 3rd day they catch up in a big way. how long did they incubate? i have 43 that hatched 5 days ago and they set for ten months so they have no problem with pin head crickets. the longer they incubate the larger they are when they hatch. i had some (30) hatch after 4 months 3 weeks and it was a bummer. mortality rate of about 35- 40% . i did fruit flies plus anythingelse i could find tiny outside and it just did not work. so out of 45 hatches i lost two with 8 eggs to go from the same clutch. dave

Id get about 3 good fruit fly cultures, buy some medium and containers and make some more cultures from the origional 3 so you have a constant flow.

Back
Top Bottom