my female veiled is moving a lot these days, why?

jarvis1

Hi guys, 3 days ago I noticed my girl with a different color pattern, she now keeps having it and she's moving a lot in her cage, she goes up and down and she also walks upside down on the top side of the cage. I thought it could be cause she's gonna be gravid but her belly is not so big, she keeps eating, she drinks (I guess), and she's not showing any orange and blue colors.. her supplements are ok, crickets and mealworms with calcium and vitamins twice a month, temps ok, proper lightning 10.0 UVB arcadia.

what could it be? is she growing up and showing her "standard" colors? (sorry for the quality of the pic)

Attachments

• 26962455_1825078674183543_1579661188861389209_o.jpg
    26962455_1825078674183543_1579661188861389209_o.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi guys, 3 days ago I noticed my girl with a different color pattern, she now keeps having it and she's moving a lot in her cage, she goes up and down and she also walks upside down on the top side of the cage. I thought it could be cause she's gonna be gravid but her belly is not so big, she keeps eating, she drinks (I guess), and she's not showing any orange and blue colors.. her supplements are ok, crickets and mealworms with calcium and vitamins twice a month, temps ok, proper lightning 10.0 UVB arcadia.

what could it be? is she growing up and showing her "standard" colors? (sorry for the quality of the pic)

I don't know the colors of female veileds and what they mean, but I have found receptive females will brighten up a lot and be very restless. So will females that are about to lay.

Does she have an egglaying container in her cage to lay eggs in?
not yet because I don't understand if she's gravid or not, but I will do one this afternoon. But I have a problem.. a big bin won't fit in my enclosure cause it's full of glued branches and plants. the only bin that could fit inside it is not so deep I'm afraid (the one in the pic). I can't buy a new cage and add branches and plants just now, I think it's late.
I can't put the enclosure over a bigger bin, the alternative is to move the cham when is the right time in an external bigger lay bin, but I really don't know when to put her and I don't think is so reccomended..

Now, what are the alternatives? could the cham manage to lay her eggs in the small bin?

Whats_App_Image_2018_01_28_at_14_25_16.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully it's good enough for her to start digging in. Once she's shown you she's ready to lay by digging s hole in there, move her to the bigger bin.

Back
Top Bottom