My female Jackson PREGNANT?

Hey~~ everything is going well~~ I seperate them into two cages, but she is not eating at all...:(

How long have you had her, and has she been eating up until now? My female Jackson stopped eating about a week before she dropped a litter of babies. But also moving her into a new cage can cause them to not feed until they adjust to their new surroundings. If she has been eating normally, and has stopped suddenly, that's a good indicator that the time is close. Judging by the looks of your female compared to what mine looked like, I'd be willing to bet she is definitely gravid.

I bought a female jackson for my male jackson yesterday, I try to put them together so that they can bred, but when the male try to get closer to the female, she bite him and turn the color into dark. She have a big tripe. I guess she might pregnant before I bought her home.

here is some image for them.

View attachment 36050

View attachment 36051

View attachment 36052

View attachment 36053

View attachment 36054
That what color my Jackson chameleon changes too when I get her I didn't know she was pregnant and she had 3 stillborns do u think she'll have more like live ones and how many babies will she have and she had a stillborn morning and it was dead the pic that you c that the baby she had the morning

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 237
I'm not sure about your Jackson's but since this is an old thread you should start your own in the breeding section to get more replies.

You're welcome. Welcome to the forums. You'll find a wealth of information here. Given that you might be expecting babies, I really wanted to point you to the Breeding forum. You will want to look at the set ups there for babies and be ready.

One thing I know: you need to be watching carefully. If she does start to give birth, you'll need be ready to either remove the mother to a different location or remove the babies because she isn't going to recognize them as "her babies" and she's going to be hungry after all that activity.
I can’t really tell if my chameleon is pregnant can you please help me because l don’t know

I still can't see a photo. Btw...its better not to add posts onto really hope threads...starting a new one is better.

Definitely looks gravid to me personally.
If you do have babies take them out of the enclosure immediately or it can result in the mother eating them just a heads up! I don’t know if that was touched on from someone else or not. And make sure you feed her as make sure she’s eating or she will ingest the babies internally for food consumption. Monitor her and make sure she is getting enough water and insure she is drinking. Natural outdoor sunlight is good for every chameleon especially a live bearing chameleon. Feed the babies flightless fruit fly’s and bean beetles. Make sure the temperature doesn’t exceed 70-75 degrees in basting spot and lots of hydration they tend to over heat and dehydrate quickly.

Back
Top Bottom