My favorite girl is gone

Lovereps

Avid Member
Not too many people can understand shedding tears for a cham, so I thought I'd unburden my grief here.
She passed away rather suddenly, as she had not seemed ill, but really was.
Poor girl had cancer.
She loved to eat and still ate and was strong until 2 days before passing.
Sure, there are many tragedies in everyone's lives, but it still hurts to lose a beloved pet.
Rest in peace my little Snowflake, you were loved:
lovereps-albums-snowflake-picture10859t-snowflake-tree.jpg

Sorry to hear of your passing i know the same feeling she was a beautiful cham for sure...cancer...who would have known sometimes ill strikes the bes tof us down even stunning chameleons just remember shes in the big tree in the sky! right next to Esme my passing cham

I think anyone of us on here can understand shedding a tear for a chameleon. Anywhere else, probably not. So sorry for your loss. How did you find out it was cancer?. Is there any info you could give us so we could learn from this. It would be appreciated, Thank you and again my condolences.

Thanks everyone.
Carol, I knew this was the only place to share my sadness.
You might get a bit of sympathy from people when a dog or cat passes, but only fellow cham caretakers can understand having any emotional attachment to a chameleon.

My chams' vet performed a necropsy.
I wanted to be sure that the cause of her death was nothing contagious or preventable.
No sense in her dying without knowing the cause.
Nothing to share that could help anyone, I'm sorry to say, other than the fact that chams are excellent at masking illness.
She was eating and drinking, but seemed a bit lethargic on Wednesday and she closed her eyes in the late afternoon, while sunning outdoors.
Previously, she would stay awake so long as it was light out.
The following day, she was closing her eyes periodically throughout the day.
Friday morning, she seemed quite weak and reluctant to stay awake.
She died before 2 in the afternoon.
In summary, she went to the vet within 36 hours of first closing her eyes during the day and she passed away in less than 48 hours from those first outward signs of illness.

She has been buried beneath her favorite bush outside.

Shrilly, I'm very sorry to learn of your recent loss, too.

Last edited:
I totally feel your loss. These are such amazingly beautiful animals and we are blessed to be able to have them in our homes and lives, and because of this, no matter how or when we lose one it is extremely painful. Really sorry for your loss, she too was blessed, because she had such a loving and committed family with you. One day at a time.

So sorry you lost dear Snowflake. I know from experience just how much it hurts to lose a precious chameleon. My first female (Lily) died over 2 years ago and I still think of her, she was such a special girl. Nothing can prepare you for how much it affects you - I certainly didn't realise just quite how attached I had become to her. Her death afected me more than any of the furry pets we have lost. I hope she left you with some happy memories as I have of my Lily. Rest in peace Snowflake.

I am soo sorry for your loss ,,im glad she had such a wonderful ,loving home while she was here on this earth.I lost my pygmy last week and i cried and cried, i am crying now because i know how sad you are...we all love our chameleons and when they pass we are lost and heart broken for a long time afterwards..my sympathies and condolences are with you and my prayers too that your heart heals soon..R.I.P little snowflake ...have fun palying in the BIG tree up above :)

Back
Top Bottom