my experience with Ready's Rainforest

Sherbertsmysunshine

Chameleon Enthusiast
I want to share my experience with ready's rainforest. (Chameleon breeder)

1. Finding the right breeder. It took me months to find a breeder I trusted and was in a good price range. I went to a reptile show and found quite a few, the one I went with (Ready's Rainforest) seemed the best, none of their chameleons were in the same cage. They were all very healthy, and in a good price range for me.

2. The chameleons' parents. Ready's Rainforest had pictures of the parents, and even the uncle. This is important to me because I want to make sure the parents don't have disease that can travel to the babies.

3. How they care for the chameleon. There was only one thing about Ready's Rainforest l didn't completely agree with, they used fake plants. They didn't encourage me to use fake plants, but if a chameleon ate the fake plant, it could go wrong pretty fast. Other than that, they gave a list on what to get, correct UV light, basking light, supplements, etc.

Overall, If I think that Ready's Rainforest is a great place to get your chameleon from.

link to their website= https://readysrainforest.com/

🥰Thank you for the kind words. We try to offer a great experience with good information for anyone to have a successful experience with our babies. We always want the best for them and to go to good homes.

I am sorry you find the fake plants a issue. If I may explain reasons for it and maybe you will understand our side.

We use fake foliage for many reasons.

1. Cleanliness of our whole collection. This allows us to heavily clean all enclosures often.

2. It allows us to make perfect areas of shade and retreat, basking and drinking areas. That will not die off.

3. In 15 years of working with chameleons of different species we have never seen one eat or bite a fake plant. We think this is linked to us always offering a dry homemade mix to our feeders in their gut load. So they are not searching out plant material for their gut content. I am testing my theory on that now.

4. It allows us to see their poop/fecal everytime so we can monitor that. As well gives us the ability to do our very frequent fecal test without it being contaminated by foreign materials.

5. Allows for a very quick spot clean so our chameleons are never exposed to their waste for more than a very short time and keeps their environment in very clean conditions all the time.

6. We never will force anyone to use fake foliage but at the same time we will not tell people to not use them because they are a tool that if used correctly we have not see any ill effects in using.

7. We always want the chameleons needs met first and foremost. Proper heat, uvb gradient, hydration, supplementation and feeders well gut loaded before worrying about a plant drying or the care of the plants.

We are very passionate and put a great deal of time into caring and loving these amazing animals and would never do anything to hurt or harm them or your experience with them.

We encourage new owners to learn the animal first. His or hers normal behaviors. And get comfortable taking care of their basic needs first. Then move up to a more complex enclosure. We sell to a lot of beginners. And we want them to be as successful as possible.

Lee and Amanda are great! Lee use to be active on the forums years ago. Then they got out of chameleons and just stared back a few years ago.
I will try and be more active here on the forums Jannb . It is a great place and I do miss the conversation and discussion.

We do still post on our other platforms as well Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and our website. It is all Readys Rainforest. We post gut load info and feeder videos and where we will be at an expo and all that.

@Texas Ranger I do hope you will find some time to hang around here every now and again. 🥰 As a breeder, it is understandable that you use artificial plants. It does provide you the ability to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation that we appreciate from breeders.

@Texas Ranger I do hope you will find some time to hang around here every now and again. 🥰 As a breeder, it is understandable that you use artificial plants. It does provide you the ability to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation that we appreciate from breeders.
🥰 I check in from time to time for many years but I will do better about being more active again. The chameleon forums is by far the best source of information for all kind of chameleons keeping. I am glad you understand why we choose to use artificial plants we do try at expos as well to explain our use of them. Some get it and some others seem to not. That’s is why I am always an open book and if someone has a question I will gladly explain my reasoning for my decisions in every aspect of our keeping, breeding, raising threw complete life cycles.

🥰Thank you for the kind words. We try to offer a great experience with good information for anyone to have a successful experience with our babies. We always want the best for them and to go to good homes.

I am sorry you find the fake plants a issue. If I may explain reasons for it and maybe you will understand our side.

We use fake foliage for many reasons.

1. Cleanliness of our whole collection. This allows us to heavily clean all enclosures often.

2. It allows us to make perfect areas of shade and retreat, basking and drinking areas. That will not die off.

3. In 15 years of working with chameleons of different species we have never seen one eat or bite a fake plant. We think this is linked to us always offering a dry homemade mix to our feeders in their gut load. So they are not searching out plant material for their gut content. I am testing my theory on that now.

4. It allows us to see their poop/fecal everytime so we can monitor that. As well gives us the ability to do our very frequent fecal test without it being contaminated by foreign materials.

5. Allows for a very quick spot clean so our chameleons are never exposed to their waste for more than a very short time and keeps their environment in very clean conditions all the time.

6. We never will force anyone to use fake foliage but at the same time we will not tell people to not use them because they are a tool that if used correctly we have not see any ill effects in using.

7. We always want the chameleons needs met first and foremost. Proper heat, uvb gradient, hydration, supplementation and feeders well gut loaded before worrying about a plant drying or the care of the plants.

We are very passionate and put a great deal of time into caring and loving these amazing animals and would never do anything to hurt or harm them or your experience with them.

We encourage new owners to learn the animal first. His or hers normal behaviors. And get comfortable taking care of their basic needs first. Then move up to a more complex enclosure. We sell to a lot of beginners. And we want them to be as successful as possible.
I understand the plants, cleaning one cage every day is sometimes a struggle with time. I'm very thankful for your time and care yall put in these creatures. Yall are so very nice and amazing. I got a chameleon before at petco and did not have the best experience. But when we found ready's rainforest it was so much better.
My little guy is doing so well and his sambava colors are coming in!
I thank you so much for your love and care you put into my chameleon. You are a huge help and a amazing breeder 💗

Back
Top Bottom