My dream enclosure: under way!!!

FrankTheTank

Established Member
It's come a long way. I only get to work on it a couple of hours a week so I still have a long way to go. The outer frame is done though! Getting started on the inner part of the bottom to frame out drain pan and storage area next

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 311
Please excuse the VERY rough drawing. Those are supposed to be vines and such. Going to do a faux rock background also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 243
Basically what drainage system will look like

Edit:photo is in drainage system thread stickies to top. Can't figure out how to repost

Updated picture. Getting close! I know it looks like a frankencage with the different colored wood but all of it is recycled besides the side and front panels. Going to stain it all dark besides the light panels, so hopefully it will all look closer to the same color #fingerscrossed. Next thing I'm working on is faux rock backdrop. I set up a thread for more ideas on that. Can't wait to finish this thing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 184
Updated picture. Getting close! I know it looks like a frankencage with the different colored wood but all of it is recycled besides the side and front panels. Going to stain it all dark besides the light panels, so hopefully it will all look closer to the same color #fingerscrossed. Next thing I'm working on is faux rock backdrop. I set up a thread for more ideas on that. Can't wait to finish this thing!

nice work.

It will look great when done.
:)

Cheers,
Todd

I will probably start a new thread when it's all said and done. Posting all of the pictures and what I did step by step. Franklin's new cage that he never got to even see before his passing will now be Basil's [Bazzle] new home. Basil will probably arrive Tuesday of next week. Tomorrow is still a possibility if the weather permits but it's not looking that way. Still have a lot to do before he gets here though.

I don't know why it always turns my pictures??? I guess bc it's too tall??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 150
Yesterday's progress. Still have to secure the back and hook up the watering/misting system and also secure a couple more vines in place but you get the idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 108
Yesterday's progress. Still have to secure the back and hook up the watering/misting system and also secure a couple more vines in place but you get the idea

The light blocks out the pothos built into the wall. Wish I would've made it bigger now bc I could only fit like 4 vines in there. Oh well, I might hang the rest. Anyone know of any creative ways to hang pothos in a cage so it doesn't look like you just hung pothos in a cage?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 126
Finally complete! I put the lid on today after finishing his custom rainfall system. I will go into more detail on everything in my DIY thread coming soon to a forum near youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Attachments

• IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1364 2.jpg
    IMG_1364 2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom