My dear friend Mr. Gandhi...

HiroProtagonist

...or "Moe" for short. :D

Approx. 8 month old Jackson's...never really was sure of the difference between the xanth's and the jacksonii jacksonii's so I don't know which he is but when he gets excited he gets really colorful...yellow green and turqouis with sometimes a little red under his chin.

One of these pics is him in front of his cage the other is him in front of his new girlfriend's cage. she's a little over a year old and bigger than him...but he still shows interest so I'm hoping he'll catch up. I'll post a few pics of her later...she's still getting used to her new home and I don't think she likes being looked at let alone photographed at this point. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is something about Jackson's-they always look happy to me-must be something about the way their mouth is shaped. Cute one you have there.

How can a name be spelt wrong? Unless it is the name of the person it belongs to? I mean to say, If it were spelt Ghandi, then it would not be wrong as it's the chameleons name. Is someone was writing about the buddist Gandhi, then sure.

How can a name be spelt wrong? Unless it is the name of the person it belongs to? I mean to say, If it were spelt Ghandi, then it would not be wrong as it's the chameleons name. Is someone was writing about the buddist Gandhi, then sure.

My point was that sometimes the spelling is so bad on some of these posts that i have to read them 3 times to know what they are trying to say...but i guess that flew right over your head.

Actually...he is named after the late great Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi...aka Mahatma Gandhi...aka "Moe" :)

Here's a pic of him at what I believe to be between 3 and 4 months...and a pic of her the day I got her. She's very active, and uncharacteristically friendly. When she's in her cage she still gets weirded out when she sees people staring in at her...but when you're holding her it seems like she's having a good time. I'll get more pics of her "on the move" but for now here she is...just chillin' like bob dylan.

Last edited:
You can almost see the crickets life flash before it's eyes...still haven't been able to get a shot of the actual moment of impact...but I will eventually! :D

Last edited:
I have been looking for a jacksons baby for the longest time. I can not seem to find any for sale other than buying in bulk. Where did you purchase yours if you do not mind me asking? I have wanted one for a loooooong time.

VERY gorgeous cam!

Thanks! I'm very happy with how he's turning out. Stunning good looks, charming personality, this cham's got it all. :D

I have been looking for a jacksons baby for the longest time. I can not seem to find any for sale other than buying in bulk. Where did you purchase yours if you do not mind me asking? I have wanted one for a loooooong time.

I got my boy from a family friend who's had one breeding pair for almost ten years now. Beautiful chameleons...very big and had incredibly strong grip...almost felt like talons. The one I have is about 7-8 months old now I think. I just got the girl from a friend of a friend who said she was around a year and 3 months. She had a clutch about 3 or 4 months ago and right now I'm letting her get used to her new environment and let my boy catch up in size. As it is I think she might kick his ass if he tries to mount her.

I'll see if the guy I got my male from has another clutch yet and PM you if/when he does.

Last edited:
Lucia and her new cage. Soon I think I'll partition it in the middle and make it a split cage for both of them. She really seems to just stay on the one side anyways.

Last edited:
Awesome photos!
They both look Great!
Is the female new? (you were recently looking for one ...right?)
Where did you end up finding her?

-Brad

A friend of Dave W's had one that recently had a clutch about 2-3 months prior. He said she was from a pet store...and she looked a little rough around the edges so I would assume she's wild caught... but she's acclimating well to her new environment, especially since I finished her totally oversized cage a week or so ago. :) For a while she was in a pretty small cage for an adult, especially a wild caught...she just seemed miserable. I mean she ate and drank but she didn't seem content. I don't really know how to describe it but I think you can tell when an animal is comfortable in it's environment and nowadays she seems much more comfortable.

She's a little bigger than Moe(not too much bigger) and she doesn't seem to like him much...lol...though he just LOVES her. The last time I put her in his cage they butted heads together so I had to take her out. I'm actually still looking for another prospective mate for him just in case she doesn't ever end up coming around because I've tried a few times and she always ends up gaping and getting dark, but I'll definately keep her. She has amazing behavior patterns...completely different from my boy. And she's part of the family now, so she stays.

Oh and I can't take credit for any of the money shots...those were taken by the g/f. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love your male jacksons! He looks awesome! Ive been looking around at them lately. Theyre bumpy and wrinkly skin reminds me of a parsons which i love! Compared to Panthers and Veilds, is there any significant differences in terms of husbandry?

Thank you for the nice comments, I'll pass them along to my dear friend Mr. Gandhi. :)

As far as differences in husbandry...other than the fact that they prefer temps that are slightly cooler than veilds or panthers, I don't think there's THAT drastic of a difference in care. Jacksons tend to be a bit smaller aswell, so you'll probably do fine with a smaller cage than you would for say a veiled. If you're serious about getting one I might have a link or two specific to jacksons care that I could dig up. Let me know. To be honest though I don't know enough about veileds or panthers to give you a proper comparison.

EDIT: A few pics of Lucia's new oversized cage...rightside up this time. :rolleyes:

EDIT EDIT: One HUGE difference I forgot to mention, but you probably already know, jacksons are live-bearing as opposed to veileds and panthers which lay eggs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom