My Daytona Breeders Expo Purchases

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
Our Daytona Breeders Expo Purchases

Jason and I attended the Daytona Breeders expo Sunday and besides coming home with the usual feeders we also came home with TWO new chameleon Family members.

We also met up with old friends and some new forum members that we have not met before. It was a blast. :D

First new member of the family is this beautiful little Crested chameleon (Trioceros cristatus) female. We had never seen any captive hatched available before...although I know they are occasionally out there.

Jason Loves this species and was really giddy when we purchased her. He did not even want me to hold the little bag they put her in as we browsed the rest of the show

Want to thank Trace for her tips and helping us pick out a nice little girl

No name for her yet but she seems to be adjusting well. She is a good eater and already had been trucking all over the cage.

The Second family we brought home was an adult Ambanja. I was hoping to find a nice Ambanja at the show and he was the winner.

He is 18 months old and very sweet. I let him ride home on the back of my seat since he did not like the plastic container the vender put him in.

No Name for him yet but I think he is awesome

Last edited:
Both of those are nice pick ups. Watching your (well yout husbands) baby grow will be fun. Glad you found such nice healthy chams.

Yea, he's really nice!! I saw him in the cage next to one of the BIGGEST most BEAUTIFUL veiled's I have ever seen!! This is the same one, right?

Thanks everyone. We are pretty happy and had a great time. I was worried going Sunday that I missed all the good animals.

I was told there where six parsons for sale and by Sunday there was only two left. We are not in the market for a parsons though but they are fun to see in person.

That ambanja is smoking! Great find, he deserves some special females.;)

I have some girls that will be ready to go in a few months.. That will give him enough time to get settled and go through quarantine and all that jazz ;)

Yea, he's really nice!! I saw him in the cage next to one of the BIGGEST most BEAUTIFUL veiled's I have ever seen!! This is the same one, right?

Yes that is the same one. I don't even remember the venders name. After I got the Ambanja the veiled got moved out of his little tank and into the newly empty cage. He was a monster alright

Did you pick up any new additions Geoffrey?

That cristatus is awesome Dez! One of my favorite species. :)

Too bad no one has had long-term success with them-except in Europe perhaps. My male was 4 years old when I gave him back to Elisa (whom I had adopted him from as a 6 month old). My females lived a few years but my male was never interested.

Did you pick up any new additions Geoffrey?
I didn't pick up any chams as I have to many now lol. I did however, pick up a huge female ornate pacman frog!! Been wanting one for awhile, just wanted to get one at the right price and the right color!!:D

That cristatus is awesome Dez! One of my favorite species. :)

Too bad no one has had long-term success with them-except in Europe perhaps. My male was 4 years old when I gave him back to Elisa (whom I had adopted him from as a 6 month old). My females lived a few years but my male was never interested.

Jason's favorite too besides carpets. We have had several WC pairs with always disappointing results. Trace has bred the cristatus and have had hatchlings.. She was there when we picked the little one out so we got to pick her brain a bit.

Both look awesome Dez. That little Crested looks big in the picture. They were so tiny in person. She looks healthy though. I love the Ambanja. He is such a handsome boy. Glad to hear he's sweet and settling right in.

Congratulations on your new additions Dez. I really haven't looked at Cresteds before and she is a cutie! I like the little hints of blue on her face!

Good luck with your cristatus Dez, we could really use some cbb's around here. Do you have a male for her?

Good luck with your cristatus Dez, we could really use some cbb's around here. Do you have a male for her?

We do not have a male. The males available at the show did not look very strong and also I am sure they where siblings. Hopefully down the line we can find a nice male eventually .fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Nice crested, how had the Cb cristatus? I havent seen cb in a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom