My chameleon's nails are super long!

dodgersalvarez

I have a female veiled cham and she is about a year and 3 months but she has SUPER LONG nails and im afraid that she is going to break them off. When I originally got her from the breeder she already had 3 missing nails and since I've had her she has 7 missing nails and it appears to look like she has a little bit a swelling where she lost a nail. Somebody please help me!

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about your female veiled cham long nails and missing nails. It sounds like you're really concerned about her well-being, which is great to see.

Yes Jann i never put it together but you are right my girl's nails get long before dig time too!
Dodger, we need to see some pics! Very possibke since she only has a few that the few are longer to allow her to dig that hole. But if she has lost 7 there must be an underlying issue or deficiency. Also please post pics if the enclosure. She is too heavy to screen climb if she is climbung the screens, with some tweeking to her setup that can be fixed. Also she should haVe a laybin added to her cage in case she is getting ready to lay eggs.

Have you considered taking her to a vet or an expert who can help you address this issue?

On another note, if you're interested in learning more about nail health and care, have you thought about checking out some nail tech schools? They might be able to offer some helpful tips and resources on how to keep your cham's nails healthy and strong. I hope this helps and wish you and your cham all the best!

Back
Top Bottom