My chameleons end of his tail is burnt or dead tissue?

Probably necrotic tissue or something close to it. The amount and degree of light to cause what you are describing would be unrealistic in a chameleon enclosure unless he wrapped his tail around the bulb or something. Also if it's a burn you would probably see burns in other parts of his body, since most of the time the tail is lower/not directly in the light.

Vet.

I agree...needs to be seen by a vet. If an infection set in or already has, they can end up dying. Experienced owners have lost chams due to infection even with vet care...this is nothing to mess with.

I agree...needs to be seen by a vet. If an infection set in or already has, they can end up dying. Experienced owners have lost chams due to infection even with vet care...this is nothing to mess with.
My parents legit won't let me see a vet for my chameleon. He IS going to die if he doesn't see a vet, my nearest vet near me doesn't see reptiles. I am actually freaking out, my dad said a hard NO to taking my chameleon to vet and now I realize he is going to die and I can't bear that.

My parents legit won't let me see a vet for my chameleon. He IS going to die if he doesn't see a vet, my nearest vet near me doesn't see reptiles. I am actually freaking out, my dad said a hard NO to taking my chameleon to vet and now I realize he is going to die and I can't bear that.
Could you post some pictures and additional info?

Pics are required.

This will sound harsh but if you can’t provide him with the care he needs then you need to give him up.

Maybe find the nearest reptile vet and try to work something out? Trade work for vet care?

Where do you live?

That is very sad your parents are willing to just let an animal die slowly. Do you have anyone you can call who can help? This is too sad for it to die like that.

That is very sad your parents are willing to just let an animal die slowly. Do you have anyone you can call who can help? This is too sad for it to die like that.
It is very scary, but, Kraken (my cham) has gotten a lot better. He is still in his same mood and I haven't noticed anything odd.

Back
Top Bottom