My chameleons dying help me

enmanuel

my first chameleon ran away so I ended up buying another one but then I found her so now I'm pretty sure I have 2 females in one cage and one is dominating the other, she doesn't eat or do anything she sits and watches, her eyes are starting to sink and I'm worried. The other one was doing fine but she randomly gets little spasms but I'm sure it's just her getting scared and shes also not eating like before please give me advice

Get two cages, you're killing them with stress. Stress leads to not eating, drinking, and can start to effect the immune system, opening them up to any number of illnesses. Not to mention the direct threat of physical violence, considering there's nowhere to run or hide.

Yes, you absolutely have to separate them. If you can't afford another enclosure then you will have to find one of them a new home. They can't stay together

Get two cages, you're killing them with stress. Stress leads to not eating, drinking, and can start to effect the immune system, opening them up to any number of illnesses. Not to mention the direct threat of physical violence, considering there's nowhere to run or hide.
One of them died

The other one keeps getting cramps and falls to the bottom of the cage I'm so worried

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 140
i am not an expert at all on the health side maybe @Andee can help you on that better. but you need way more branches vertical and horizontal for her and more foliage for her to hide in.

Her ankles look off to me, I need more pictures, both sides preferably and various angles. She also needs so many more branches and foliage.

Any updates? I fear the worst, all I have to say is that saving this little one probably means a pricey vet visit, and you'll definitely need to take a look at your husbandry habits, as well as a complete overhaul on her cage and lighting.

I hope she makes it but chameleons don't "run away", you lost it and I suggest staying away from chameleons until you learn how to properly take care of them.

If she is still alive she needs a bigger screen cage and lots and lots of plants and climbing branches. I also suggest filling out the how to ask for help so we can help you fix the other things you're doing wrong

If it isn't to hot or cold, can you move the cage outside for a short time so she can get some sunlight?

Any updates? I fear the worst, all I have to say is that saving this little one probably means a pricey vet visit, and you'll definitely need to take a look at your husbandry habits, as well as a complete overhaul on her cage and lighting.
Sunlight has made her much better but she use to not even try to eat know she atleast tries to catch the crickets but misses

What is her temperature in the terrarium? If it is too cold your chameleon either will not eat, or may not have enough energy to shoot their tongue out properly.

I really do want to be kind and say I am sorry for your loss, but I personally think you need to prepare more before you try to own pets. Chameleons should absolutely not be housed together unless you are an expert and keep a close eye on them. I'm not surprised one died. To be quite honest, I am actually a bit angry you believe you can own chameleons because as @Nursemaia said chameleons don't just run away from home.

Additionally, I do agree with @Andee... the ankles DO look off and this concerns me, because I also cannot tell if you have a UVB bulb in addition to your basking light. Your chameleon could easily be either too cold or suffering from MBD.

I am not sure about everyone else but I believe the bio bubbles are death traps. Unless you know what you are doing. Even then its too small for a veiled personal. How long did you wait after losing the one to get another? Do you have a uvb bulb? How much research have you done? What are your temps? Even if you have a uvb you don't have a proper setup to allow the chameleon to bask and get out of its light. Too much uvb isn't good either. What do you supplement With? How do you gutload your feeders? There is a lot of variables to keeping and I'm not seeing a lot of them that are in the chameleons favor. Sorry take your time and learn more. Chameleons are time consuming and expensive. Hopefully she pulls through but not looking good.

Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum.
Please post a couple of recent photos too.

Back
Top Bottom