My Chameleons and their Enclosures

Hello everyone,
I haven't been as active on the forums as I once was, though I still visit the site every day. I decided I would give an update of my crew and their enclosures, so enjoy!

Gizmo

Gizmo's enclosure

Naboo

Naboo's enclosure

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn's enclosure

Ivy (who is still very overweight, but burns are healing)

Ivy's enclosure

AND I would like to introduce Nestlé

Nestlé's enclosure

And here's my 26" bearded dragon, Token

Token's enclosure (I should have wiped down the glass, oops!)

Fantastic and lush enclosures as always! Congrats on the Jackson's and it's good to see that ivy is doing better.

I must have joined while you were taking your posting break, because I would definitely remember such beautiful creatures :) I love your enclosures and reptiles! The schefflera in Gizmos cage is incredible! I have a Scheff in my Jacksons cage. Its not as established :) The vertical thick branches in Naboos cage are awesome. I love the way you hung the pothos in Harley Quinns cage. I'm a huge fan of hung plants. The pothos in Ivy's cage is SO lush! Glad to hear her burns are healing nicely. Congrats on your new addition Nestle! I absolutely love those prehistoric looking horns! I really like the way you criss crossed the wood on Nestle's screen walls. I have been debating doing this myself to avoid any toe nails getting stuck. I will probably do this when the weather gets warmer, and my chams can spend more time in their outdoor enclosures. I just think it will make the change easier if they are outdoors enjoying some real sun while I make the switch :D I like how you hung Neste's feeding cup. Your bearded dragon is fantastic! I love his set up as well. Anyway, your reptiles must be very happy to have such wonderful homes to live in! Kudos! I enjoyed seeing your pictures.

Last edited:
Thank you both so much!

Julia, I am truly humbled, a massive thanks to you. I'm glad all of the countless hours I put in to cleaning and setting up their enclosures has paid off.

All your enclosures look wonderful. Congrats on your new addition and all of your other chameleons look beautiful. Gizmo is one handsome Veild!

Thank you both so much!

Julia, I am truly humbled, a massive thanks to you. I'm glad all of the countless hours I put in to cleaning and setting up their enclosures has paid off.

I truly understand the time it takes to make an enclosure look so incredibly nice, so I am always quick to comment! Every time i feel satisfied with my enclosures I see something new I just have to try. I love looking at enclosures almost as much as I love looking at reptiles :D

btw..... I forgot to mention Tokens awesome background. Old school Nintendo remote. Ha! I love it! My kids would not even know what that is lol

Is that a recent missing toenail on Nestle? if so keep an eye on it. Great looking animals!
Thanks for the compliment. It's not a missing toenail, he still has three on one side and two on the other. I believe it's a scarred injury, but seems not to effect him at all.

All your enclosures look wonderful. Congrats on your new addition and all of your other chameleons look beautiful. Gizmo is one handsome Veild!
Thank you Carol, you are always most kind!

btw..... I forgot to mention Tokens awesome background. Old school Nintendo remote. Ha! I love it! My kids would not even know what that is lol
Thank you! Painted it myself :)

dimensions/ suggestions

awesome enclosures! I bet those plants took a while to thrive. I was just curious as to what dimensions Naboo and Gizmos enclosures were? I've yet to set up an enclosure, but I think it would be nice to set it up and see how it does on its own for 6 months before I put a chameleon in it. To really get a feel for taking care of the plants, humidity and temperature throughout different season in New England. (Connecticut) any thoughts or suggestions to a beginner would be much appreciated! amazing reptiles you have.

Thank you very much Robert.
Naboo and Gizmo's enclosures are both 24x24x48 inches.
If you want your plants to flourish, use a 5000-6500K (kelvins) light bulb. The output of kelvins is what will help your plants grow, but it has to be between 5000 and 6500K. I personally use two 26W 6500K compact flourescent bulbs over top of both enclosures, which gives off the bright white light. I also use the Exo Terra SunRay for heat and UVB. This bulb also assists in plant growth because of its tight white beam. I never personally water my schefflera's. I let my Mist King do the job, going off 5 times for 2 minute sessions every day. Plants like the Pothos can be both watered and misted regularly, however it is best not to let the schefflera's soil get too moist for too long, or else the roots will rot and your beautiful plant will be no more.
A little hint when growing schefflera's, use "upright support beams" to guide the plant upwards, instead of outwards. Naboo's enclosure has four big pieces of wood (straight from a tree) sticking upright to around 3ft, anchored to a square base made out of 2x4's. Then I drilled and screwed smaller branches horizontally from pillar to pillar. Finally, the schefflera was placed in the center of the open square base, and has now grown up and within the pillars. I hope that wasn't too confusing. Looking back, I wish I had made a photo step-by-step.

Gorgeous animals! My but your family is growing. :) You have done a fantastic job with everyone. Congrats on the newest member of the family.

Gorgeous animals! My but your family is growing. :) You have done a fantastic job with everyone. Congrats on the newest member of the family.
Oh why thank you Jann, coming from you that means so much!

they look great! :)
Thank ya!

THNAK YOU!! very much. all of that is very solid info and will be taken into effect. much appreciated:D
Hey any time, you'll find the forums to be a great place to ask questions. Everyone is always willing to answer them.

Hello chameeeleon, I apologize for the late reply.
Naboo is a Mitsio/Ambilobe cross. His blue are very random, maybe he has Nosy Be mixed in there somewhere down his lines. Regardless, I am happy with him and that is all that matters :)

OMG, how could no one mention Harley Quinn with that precious head on sweet look? What a total cutie. Naboo also has quite an incredible appearance. You've got a great assortment of gorgeous chams.

Back
Top Bottom