My chameleon

That is pretty dang big... I would not personally feed that to one in a weakened condition like yours is much less a healthy full grown adult.
I expected as much, but i just wanted to give him something nice since i have to handle him every 3 days for his shots. I won’t give him hornworms till he gets better. I will stick with his crickets, he didnt want to eat today though.

I expected as much, but i just wanted to give him something nice since i have to handle him every 3 days for his shots. I won’t give him hornworms till he gets better. I will stick with his crickets, he didnt want to eat today though.
Even that one would be hard for my cham too get down and he is a healthy full grown male. I only get them when they are small like an inch and a half at most and less girth. The larger they are the thicker the skin on them is and the cham can not easily chew through them. Also they have mandibles that they bite with so the larger they are the bigger the bite and the risk of being bitten in the wrong place can lead to issues of mouth rot.

Even that one would be hard for my cham too get down and he is a healthy full grown male. I only get them when they are small like an inch and a half at most and less girth. The larger they are the thicker the skin on them is and the cham can not easily chew through them. Also they have mandibles that they bite with so the larger they are the bigger the bite and the risk of being bitten in the wrong place can lead to issues of mouth rot.
Oh wow i thought these we’re the smallest. I go to a local reptile store near me they sell lots of bugs. So the ones i have are adults? I thought they got even bigger.

Try ordering small silkworms. They have a slower growth rate and do not get as massive as horns. They are also healthier.
Will do. I used to feed him mealworms but i stopped, so its just crickets for now. I’ve been wanted to get Dubia roaches, but i think those are still a little too big. So im getting silkworms and crickets.

You can also order eggs and raise them up yourself (for both silk and hornworms). Keeping hornworms in the fridge also slows their growth. I'd get silkworms for him though, as @Beman said, they're more nutritious. All of these bugs, including dubias and other roaches, can be ordered very small

You can also order eggs and raise them up yourself (for both silk and hornworms). Keeping hornworms in the fridge also slows their growth. I'd get silkworms for him though, as @Beman said, they're more nutritious. All of these bugs, including dubias and other roaches, can be ordered very small
I’d have to ask at the reptile store to see if i can get the actual eggs or maybe really small ones. I know that a bug breeder tends to come in 2 days a week, maybe i can get in contact with him and ask him.

Hey guys, I’ve been going through some threads and well im a bit confused on the supplementing now. I give Pascal repcal, no phos no d3 every feeding. And all in one rapashy calcium plus LoD every 2 weeks. Is there something missing?

Hey guys, I’ve been going through some threads and well im a bit confused on the supplementing now. I give Pascal repcal, no phos no d3 every feeding. And all in one rapashy calcium plus LoD every 2 weeks. Is there something missing?
No, that is one way to supplement. There are many supplements you can use. Some depending on what is in them require a different rotation for the multivitamin and D3. The ones you are using require the rotation you are currently doing because the repashy cal plus LoD, which is a multivitamin that also has D3 and vitamin A which are fat soluble so we only give those every other week at one feeding. Since yours has both the vit A and the D3 in one supplement you only use it 2 times a month on a every other week schedule.

Heys guys, just a quick update. Pascal didn’t eat his crickets in the past 3 days, i thought he was just putting it off since hes sick. This morning he didnt want to eat either, so i had to bring out his syringe. He ate his food really quick, without hesitation. Could it be that hes still weak and prefers me syringe feeding him. He’s really friendly and comes to me. He doesn’t seem to mind me handling him at times. Its no longer a two man job as I put pascal in my palm and i put the syringe in front of him and he eats by himself. Maybe hes still a little weak and feels uncomfortable eating the roaches. He’s still very active, awake during the day, i still give him his water and his grip is stronger. I still havent seen him poop though.

Hey guys, just a quick update on pascal. His new light came in the Arcadia ProT5 that @MissSkittles recommended. He was very active once i set it up, he got a little bit closer to it and just looks at it. He was looking at me as well so i thought he was thirsty and he was ! Check it out

Attachments

• 5F141EAF-7255-488B-A0F2-DE954F6AB461.jpeg
    5F141EAF-7255-488B-A0F2-DE954F6AB461.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 8A58881B-6E32-4B1A-99A1-8A4422871762.jpeg
    8A58881B-6E32-4B1A-99A1-8A4422871762.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 72
  • DABBBE57-232C-4DDE-92AE-AA3A8015805A.jpeg
    DABBBE57-232C-4DDE-92AE-AA3A8015805A.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 62
Hey guys, just another update on Pascal! He started shedding yesterday. He likes to climb his vines and grips really strong. He doesn’t fall anymore so i was able to remove the safety net and i will be adding pathos soon. He ate really good today about 4-5 crickets. Theres just one thing. He left his mouth slightly open idk if i should be worried. He doesnt open any wider than that. And he doesnt gape. His temps are a constant 70-80 F. And humidity ranges from 30-45%. The picture of him shedding is before the feeding this morning and the 2nd is after. Is there anything i should be worried about?

Attachments

• B9BDF9DD-8D6E-4E94-B041-964A37243FAE.jpeg
    B9BDF9DD-8D6E-4E94-B041-964A37243FAE.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 61
  • D7114AB7-BD9D-4977-AF7D-FA1F5E545664.jpeg
    D7114AB7-BD9D-4977-AF7D-FA1F5E545664.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 55
Hey guys, just another update on Pascal! He started shedding yesterday. He likes to climb his vines and grips really strong. He doesn’t fall anymore so i was able to remove the safety net and i will be adding pathos soon. He ate really good today about 4-5 crickets. Theres just one thing. He left his mouth slightly open idk if i should be worried. He doesnt open any wider than that. And he doesnt gape. His temps are a constant 70-80 F. And humidity ranges from 30-45%. The picture of him shedding is before the feeding this morning and the 2nd is after. Is there anything i should be worried about?
How are you actually measuring the temps?

Back
Top Bottom