My Chameleon

ChamDE86

Avid Member
Hey everyone,

Nothing special here. Just wanted to keep tabs on the growth of my chameleon and be able to look back through all the pictures from the time I got him until however long he lives (hopefully a very long time). :) I got him at 4 months and it appears he was either the runt of the clutch or he is really a month younger than what the breeder told me. Anyways, he's showing very subtle patches of green with specks of red on his underbelly when fired up.

Here is a picture of his sire
Screenshot_2014-11-28-02-45-46~01.jpg

4.5 months - Basking in the light
IMG_20150102_152835.jpg

Hey ChamDE86,
Nice healthy looking panther, he looks like a she to me. You might take some other pics of the tail vent areas to see the male bulge? And ask some senior members to sex your Cham . I've had a few panthers and the females are smaller. Some males grow slower .
Dave

Hey ChamDE86,
Nice healthy looking panther, he looks like a she to me. You might take some other pics of the tail vent areas to see the male bulge? And ask some senior members to sex your Cham . I've had a few panthers and the females are smaller. Some males grow slower .
Dave

Ahhh...

You know what, Dave...it has always been in the back of my mind that my panther chameleon was a female. The local breeder I bought it from along with a couple of members on here said it was most likely a male. At first, my chameleon only showed patches of green on his cheeks and specks of red on his underbelly, but lately he has been showing more green on other parts of his body when fired up.

I've only had my 1st cham for a month and I really appreciate everyone's input, but I decided to call my local breeder and ask for an exchange. Although he still believe that the cham was a male, he was Okay with giving me a slightly larger cham that was definitely a male, and a red bar instead of the blue bar. It took me a good while on the decision as I felt an overwhelming guilt take over for abandoning my 1st cham. I can only hope he/she ends up in a good home. :(

Back
Top Bottom