My chameleon won't eat dusted crickets...

TiWine

Hi guys,

I have a 3 months old veiled chameleon and he has a good appetite. He is eating silkworms, wax worms, dubias and crickets. If i offer him dusted worms he eat it immediately, but that not the same with crickets.

If i dust the crickets, he eat the first 2-3 "slowly" and after he not even look at it, but if i offer him non dusted ones he immediately eat them. I hand feed him to know how much he eats. i noticed that if i put a dusted cricket in his terrarium he eat it.

Vitaminst:
Zoomed Repti Calcium without d3 every day
Zoomed ReptiVite with d3 twice a month

What should i do?

119061628_3210200265760987_3832588892091399441_n.jpg

Zoomed is bottom of the barrel. I would try one of the better "flavors". Sticky tongue farms stuff is "berry" ish. Then you have repashy and Rep-cal, and depending on where you live you can even try arcadia. They are all top tier for quality, you just need to figure out your picky eater. The last option is only powder half the crickets for a trail mix.

Hi TiWine, welcome to the forum.

When you say...
i noticed that if i put a dusted cricket in his terrarium he eat it.
... do you mean loose in the terrarium or do you have a feeder run cup?
I'm not a big fan of loose crickets, and a cup is one way to help control things.

Either way, one trick is to add a little bee pollen to the dusting. ;)

Hi TiWine, welcome to the forum.

When you say...

... do you mean loose in the terrarium or do you have a feeder run cup?
I'm not a big fan of loose crickets, and a cup is one way to help control things.

Either way, one trick is to add a little bee pollen to the dusting. ;)

I mean loose in the terrarium. I don't like it neither thats why i want to hand feed him. I ordered a feeder cup, but i think the crickets will jump out from it.
The bee pollen would make it better for him? I mean i don't think he isn't like the taste of the "dust". Maybe he don't like the whiter look of the cricket.

I mean loose in the terrarium. I don't like it neither thats why i want to hand feed him. I ordered a feeder cup, but i think the crickets will jump out from it.
The bee pollen would make it better for him? I mean i don't think he isn't like the taste of the "dust". Maybe he don't like the whiter look of the cricket.

"lightly powdered" If you have "ghost crickets" running around the tongue might not stick... or only stick once

Back
Top Bottom