My Chameleon Washing Her Hands

So, as promised, I tried this yesterday when I got home. He did it! It was so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Cute video, but why would anyone be offended??:confused:

Well, maybe because it is not very fair to knowingly put your chameleon in a situation, where it get's stressed? :rolleyes: On a side note: I am not offended or anything, it is a funny thing they do, I just wouldn't try it out on my own chameleon, but then - I have a big male veiled beast that I just in general don't play around with ;)

Well, maybe because it is not very fair to knowingly put your chameleon in a situation, where it get's stressed? :rolleyes: On a side note: I am not offended or anything, it is a funny thing they do, I just wouldn't try it out on my own chameleon, but then - I have a big male veiled beast that I just in general don't play around with ;)

Stress wasn't a factor that came to mind when I saw this, or when I tried it with Jake. Which, by the way, I only let him do it for MAYBE a minute.

I agree... stress is stress. I would never do something like that, not even for a minute. It may look funny (or cute), but not to the chameleon.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about over reacting. I work with research animals (may God have mercy on my soul) and I can tell you what a stressed animal looks like. Yes, even a chameleon. There are many things one can do to stress a chameleon, but this is not one of them. Sure, if done repeatedly or for long periods of time, it would indeed cause stress. But in this example, I don't believe she has been caused any amount of stress. Confusion maybe? And when I tried it, as stated previously, I only did it for less than a minute. And guess what....Jake. Is. Fine.
Not every chameleon is the same, my sweet Jake is quite tolerant and laid back. I don't test his limits.
This forum is great, but there are some who need to step off of their chameleon soap box and realize that each chameleon is different, and to give the benefit of the doubt to each individual who may post or share something that is a bit far from the beaten path.

Yeah I only did it for what I've shown in the video. But I had shared this video on another site and someone got all hyped up on "spreading a misconception"

Yeah, well, no matter how great of a chameleon owner you may be, if you're not part of the"in"crowd, just about anything you post will be subject to either scrutiny or being completely ignored.

Back
Top Bottom