My chameleon tried to bite me

Bluu Mangoo

I tried to pet my chameleon, bit he opened his mouth angrily, aggressively attempting to bite me. I saved my fingers tho. I just really want to know why he tried to bite me. I just wanted to pet him. i just got him yesterday, and I didn’t decide to per him until today. I need a solutio.

They can be aggressive and they all have personalities. It may take weeks or months to settle down. Try feeding it with safe forceps. Let it earn your trust. My veiled male won't go on my hand.

Don't pet your chameleon for starters, they're not dogs. Animals in general do not like things coming from above touching them. At best your chameleon will walk out on your hand with time, at worst, he will try to rip your fingers off anytime you get close.

As I told you in your other post, you need to give your chameleon much time to adjust to his new environment. Chameleons are not social ‘pets’ like dogs and cats. It is stressful for them to be touched even after they’ve had ample time to adjust to their environment.

Back
Top Bottom