My chameleon Melon has formed a bump on his casque.

methnataly

New to the group! I have a male named Melon. Hes about a 1 year and 1/2!

Melon recently started developing this yellow bump on his head (casque). I suspected it to be due to him being to close to his light. I moved his light away from her favorite perch, but now I’m unsure of what it’s due to.

Should I visit a vet in my area?
If this heals on it’s own, I would rather. I don’t want to stress her out by moving her around a lot.

He developed this three days ago from this picture.

I use a 75W basking bulb, gets misted 2-3 times a day, has T5 long UVB bulb, and also has a humidifier. He eats super worms, crickets, and the occasional hornworm. He munches a pothos sometimes, and loves hibiscus plants.
4D27A40F-E4A5-4B9C-AE82-4E4BB5EFA056.jpeg

Hi there... Looks like an infection. Could be from a thermal burn. I would recommend you take him to an exotic vet that has reptile experience. You do not want to just wait and see. This can cause an issue further into the casque as well as the infection spreads.

He looks like he is holding some extra weight as well. He cheeks are puffy along with the sides of his casque.

Hi there... Looks like an infection. Could be from a thermal burn. I would recommend you take him to an exotic vet that has reptile experience. You do not want to just wait and see. This can cause an issue further into the casque as well as the infection spreads.

He looks like he is holding some extra weight as well. He cheeks are puffy along with the sides of his casque.

i agree.He needs a vet visit. If you tell me where you live I might be able to recommend a chameleon vet.

Thanks. I think I will adjust his feeding to every other day.

New to the group! I have a male named Melon. Hes about a 1 year and 1/2!

Melon recently started developing this yellow bump on his head (casque). I suspected it to be due to him being to close to his light. I moved his light away from her favorite perch, but now I’m unsure of what it’s due to.

Should I visit a vet in my area?
If this heals on it’s own, I would rather. I don’t want to stress her out by moving her around a lot.

He developed this three days ago from this picture.

I use a 75W basking bulb, gets misted 2-3 times a day, has T5 long UVB bulb, and also has a humidifier. He eats super worms, crickets, and the occasional hornworm. He munches a pothos sometimes, and loves hibiscus plants.View attachment 295292
i agree.He needs a vet visit. If you tell me where you live I might be able to recommend a chameleon vet.
Update, came home and this is how it looks now.
4ED053B2-13C0-4A11-9F74-92A5BDC66783.jpeg

I don’t recommend the UF exotic vets. I would highly recommend a trip to Orlando to see Dr. Bruce. He is excellent with chameleons and has been caring for them for many years. He is well worth the drive.
https://myavho.com/
Why wouldn’t you recommend UF exotic vets? Have you had a negative experience there? I haven’t used their exotic hospital before.

Why wouldn’t you recommend UF exotic vets? Have you had a negative experience there? I haven’t used their exotic hospital before.

My friend had a bad experience there and had to go to a second vet. I talk to another friend there working on his Vet degree and he recommended not sending anyone else there.

Back
Top Bottom