my chameleon loves the grow light. anyone elses?

RePtAr11

well he is a lil scared and shy when i open his cage, but u can kind of see him in the back going up the stick. kind of weird because he will stay at the bottom by the light for 20 to 30 min . well i have a 26 watt 6500 k cfl bulb no uvb, that i use for my plants in the enclosure that i rotate out. but it seems like the chameleon is liking the day bulb more then the plants haha. could it be that there is something in the rays that the 6500 k light is giving off that the chameleon is liking?

Attachments

• reptar 016.jpg
    reptar 016.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 103
What kind of basking bulb/light is being provided when the "grow light" is not being used? Maybe he is lacking heat from the normal basking area and seeks it from the CFL you use for the plants. Also depending on what plants you are using, the CFL is more than likely not needed.

well he is a lil scared and shy when i open his cage, but u can kind of see him in the back going up the stick. kind of weird because he will stay at the bottom by the light for 20 to 30 min . well i have a 26 watt 6500 k cfl bulb no uvb, that i use for my plants in the enclosure that i rotate out. but it seems like the chameleon is liking the day bulb more then the plants haha. could it be that there is something in the rays that the 6500 k light is giving off that the chameleon is liking?

I can relate to you. One of my panther chameleons loves the 6500 k T5 bulb for the plants. I do have a basking light and the UVA/UVB light. Yet he likes being under the 6500 k light.

My guess is the bright white light (the 6500K) bulb is attractive in comparizon of the other bulbs.... Who knows?!?

yes i use a halogen 50 watt uva light then t5 fixture for my uvb.. then just my 6500 k cfl for pretty plants haha. i even have 2700 k for flowering plants when needed. maybe i can flower my orchde and put it in the cage. anyways yeah thats what im guessing maybe he just likes the crisp white light..

Back
Top Bottom