My chameleon laying eggs

Only reason I used the mix I did was because I found a soil sand only mix was not the easiest to keep in the right moisture range. The coco fiber can help deal with having too much water, as well as be a source of water when needed. I just found it more stable and easier in upkeep. Also, if possible, try to basically have a curtain of vines around the perimeter of the lay bin. In my setup, myself laybin was surrounded by pothos vines and I honestly never had to cover the cage come egg laying time, not to mention, the vines enable them to access the laybin more easily in some cases.
How long would would it take for a chameleon to be egg bound?

H
Only reason I used the mix I did was because I found a soil sand only mix was not the easiest to keep in the right moisture range. The coco fiber can help deal with having too much water, as well as be a source of water when needed. I just found it more stable and easier in upkeep. Also, if possible, try to basically have a curtain of vines around the perimeter of the lay bin. In my setup, myself laybin was surrounded by pothos vines and I honestly never had to cover the cage come egg laying time, not to mention, the vines enable them to access the laybin more easily in some cases.
How long would it take for a chameleon to be egg bound?

That I would not know, but if she just started to show signs that she is getting ready to lay eggs, then she won't be eggbound. I'm guessing that she just started to wander near the bottom of her cage recently? Is she still eating?

If you see any signs of lethargy (sleeping during the day) weakness or sunken eyes she would need to go to the vet asap. It can take a few days for her to dig a hole she likes and lay. She may dig a couple test holes first.

That I would not know, but if she just started to show signs that she is getting ready to lay eggs, then she won't be eggbound. I'm guessing that she just started to wander near the bottom of her cage recently? Is she still eating?
She is scratching the bottom of the cage but with what you told me she is not egg bound she has also not been eating

Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom