My Chameleon just had babies...not expected...please help

basking

This morning when I got up a few of them had themselves all spread out just soaking up the warmth. They are such cute little guys, I'm glad their all doing good so far.:cool:

I've been watching to make sure they don't overheat, the sun goes through glass. There is a thermometer in the "sunny" area as well.

:mad: On a bad note though, I ordered my pin heads and well over half are dead. I was here when the UPS guy came, so I know they weren't sitting in the sun (on my end anyway) So I guess the little guys will have to stick with fruit flys until I get more.

try going up one size in crickets

Nothing wrong with using the sun coming through the glass for a place to bask (as long as they don't overheat, of course)!
Hope they do well for you!

hey Diasy glad you found the site easily and there sure was alot of ppl here to help you , again good luck with your babies and i hope they all survive for you

Chameleon update

Well my little chameleons are 2 weeks old now. I still have all 10. They love their fruit flys and 1 week crickets. The crickets however seem to die so fast, I'm focusing on the fruit flys. Nummy Nummy. None of them are showing aggression yet. Once in a while they do walk over each other.

I do have a question though, they really seem to hate it when I spray the tank. I do my best not to spray them, but they open their mouths and run off. Any suggestions?

Very nice to hear. My babies hate being sprayed also. I think the only thing you can do is what you are doing. Just try not to get them but its hard. Make sure when you are misting not to let water collect on them to much. A drop of water at the tip of the mouth can cover the mouth and nostrils which will cause suffocation.

hi

hi... :) im new first post.... i thought ur littles ones mother was maby a type of bradypodion? also if i need hatchling crickets in the future, as soon as u know u need them soon , go and get large crickets and put them in a glass tank with soil in the bottom, they will lay eggs and ul have thousands in no time... :) also... instead of misting them maby a lucky reptile humidity control 2 with ultrasonic humidifier? iv just found that maplin sell them for £15. hope all goes groovy with u!! :)

hi... :) im new first post.... i thought ur littles ones mother was maby a type of bradypodion? also if i need hatchling crickets in the future, as soon as u know u need them soon , go and get large crickets and put them in a glass tank with soil in the bottom, they will lay eggs and ul have thousands in no time... :) also... instead of misting them maby a lucky reptile humidity control 2 with ultrasonic humidifier? iv just found that maplin sell them for £15. hope all goes groovy with u!! :)

Welcome capedwarf. Unfortunately the last post on the thread you replied to is more than two years old so I don't think the member is still in need of advice/help regarding the side striped babies! Not a bid deal but just wanted you to be aware that it may be a moot thread at this point.

They are not bradypodions, they are trioceros.

Your name is Cape Dwarf, do you have cape dwarfs (Bradypodion pumilum)? If so post some pics would love to see them.

Back
Top Bottom