My chameleon is weak

Thanks jacksjill. I’ll try the shower method. I’m still waiting on an answer to one of my questions though..can I add vitamins and calcium to her spray bottle and mist her with it?? Or will that not help?

This will NOT help. The vitamins/calcium need to be ingested with feeders. You'll end up with a clogged spray bottle and your chameleon covered in calcium, and not ingesting it.

This is good info https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-like-how-it-happens-and-how-to-fix-it.95071/
We answer these questions almost every day.
An exam can cost around 75$ and if you get 2 X-rays and several injections it could go as high as 500$
That supplement is fine for multi vitamin but doesn't have D3. You will need a phosphorus free calcium with D3 give her. I would get some today and dose food with it today. If she is as low on calcium as I suspect she is she will be pulling it out of her bones and have brittle bones be vary careful with her. You should get a liquid calcium to give her orally it is easier to absorb than the powder. You can slowly drip it on her nose and she if she will drink it.

We just got back from the vet. She was given some shots and I was told to feed her with syringes for a while, and give her anti biotics. Pray everything goes well!
In the menu button is resources button clink on that then care sheets. Then click on the chameleon you have. Nedd to read on your cham good info. I know sometimes people in here seem like their being rude. But they all look out for chams in here. And just trying to help.

I just wanted to ask for two things. Today I started her on liquid food, calcium and antibiotics from the vet. I have to force her to take all of them but I’m having trouble getting her mouth open...does anyone have any tips for getting her to open her mouth? I’m scared of breaking her jaw or breaking her teeth if I push too hard.

Also, I noticed when I first took her out and tried to assess her situation that she had a bunch of these black spots on her spine that weren’t there before...I’m wondering if its a sign of an infection or something? Maybe she’s just bruised because she fell?

Also, on a side note, I didn’t think anyone was being rude..I just don’t appreciate people assuming things about me when they don’t know me. Ive read the care sheets numerous times. Ive googled tons of different info on chameleons, the problem is that some of the info contradicts the other info I found. When it comes to feeding calcium and vitamins to chameleons, Ive heard from people at pet stores, websites and people I know that you can mix it in the gut load, so Ive been doing that. I just want it understood that I’m doing the best I can and have done the research.

You have to take your fingernail and gently pull the lower jaw down to open. It's easier if you have one person to hold and one to open and feed.
Their is likely some bruising from being handled at the vet.

Unfortunately its just me but Ill try and do that by myself, then use my other hand to hold her mouth open. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom