my chameleon is underweight, not eating a lot :(

tasio

hello i have had my panther cham for about about 8 months so i think he is about a year old , he is only 134g and he is not putting weight ,lately he does not seem to eat.. i give him locusts and crikets and have tried mealworms but he just dont really seem interested in any of them, all of them are dusted with repashy calcium plus , i change them every day and he is barely eating one or two locusts a day which is not much. is there something that i can do that will trigger him eating again? or is he justin one of thos phases ?

also my temperature is always above 75 and basking at 88
i spray him twice three times a day and im giving him 3-4 showers a week
he is in a big reptibreeze

please i want him to put weight on and for him to eb as healthy as possible

theres a pic of him sleeping tonight

Attachments

• 20131119_231009.jpg
    20131119_231009.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 467
Your chameleon does not look underweight, atleast not from the picture you provided. Some chameleons are just smaller than others. My one guy is about 145 grams and is almost 14 months old. He is not a big eater either and never has been. I have come to accept he is probably not going to be a monster like some of the chameleons on here. Right now, mine is refusing to eat crickets. Have you changed out your UVB light since you have had him the 8 months? Is he pooping? If so, you can always get a fecal done and rule out parasites.

Hey thanks for the quick replies , yes the calciums dust is with d3 and he had fecal done a few months back and they found a few eggs and he was treated for parasites . the uv bulb was change to a t5 acadia 10% from a 5% when i put him in his big cage when he was about 6 months , also he is pooping fine obvsly not as big as they used to but still poos fine

Thanks for all the replies :)

The UVB should be changed every 6 months and also the correct dusting schedule is calcium w/o d3 every feeding, calcium with d3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a month. If you fill out the how to ask for help form, that may help.

Omar does not eat every day anymore. He did not eat yesterday at all. He gets offered all kinds of feeders in addition to crickets. I would try some horn or silk worms. You could also try butter or wax worms. Mealworms are the McDonalds fries of cham food. They are not very nutritious. Wax worms and super worms are better but not by much. He doesn't look skinny to me either.

hey everyone i just wanted to make an uptade and he is eating better but only eat good in the morning , the moment the light turn on and he is active he want food after that not interested at all , y also got him some silk worms hopefully he will like those , anyways thanks for all the replies :)

Back
Top Bottom