My chameleon is ghost White. What is Wrong?

laxerdude

Your Chameleon - Pygmy , Male, about 3months old
Handling - About 1-2 times a week
Feeding - I am feeding him two gut loaded crickets per day with vitamins twice a week
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - I mist him multiple times a day
Fecal Description- Feces look normal from when I first got him

My chameleon is ghost white in the morning, but about two minutes after i turn the light on he is normal again. Is this normal?

Your Chameleon - Pygmy , Male, about 3months old
Handling - About 1-2 times a week
Feeding - I am feeding him two gut loaded crickets per day with vitamins twice a week
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - I mist him multiple times a day
Fecal Description- Feces look normal from when I first got him

My chameleon is ghost white in the morning, but about two minutes after i turn the light on he is normal again. Is this normal?

wheres the res of information? you said you feed him two gut loaded crickets a day with vitamins twice a week.
you are not feeding him even a close to the required amount. up until age 3 months, you must feed your chameleon daily 12-15 crickets dusted every feeding with plain calcium, and vitamins and calcium with D3 once or twice a month. there is no doubt he is very malnourished and affected by only vitamins.

what vitamins have you been using anyways? i recommend Rep-Cal Plain Calcium, Calcium with vitamin D3 and Herptivite. you need to becareful of prEformed vitamin A which will lead to organ damage, edema, gout, and other physical complications. i also recommend Rep-Cal brand because they do not use Phosphorus. phosphorus is obtained from feeder insects and gutloading, and should be in a proper balanced ratio calcium:phosphorus.

how long have you had him for? we need to know the rest of the husbandry information.

You should not be handling a pymgy chameleon that often, if even at all! You are the biggest scariest thing it's ever seen and handling is like being snatched by a predator. They are more for looking at than playing with.

You said..."My chameleon is ghost white in the morning, but about two minutes after i turn the light on he is normal again. Is this normal?"...most chameleons colors pale at night...so I would think it is normal.

However, you need to fill in the "how to ask for help" questions properly (including brands of lights and supplements, etc.) so we can help you make the necessary husbandry changes.

Also...did you know that pygs can play dead and if you startle them or annoy them too much that is what they will do?? They do it so well that you may actually think it is dead and dispose of the body.

Back
Top Bottom