My chameleon is burned

I’m picking up a prescription on Monday for Silvadene. Unfortunately the damage has been done, until then I’m applying Neosporin to stop infection. Is this ok? Is there anything I can do to help him until monday? I know he must be in a lot of pain. I’ve changed his basking spot and the lamp is now 7 inches away from him. Will his spikes grow back? Do their fingernails grow back?

Attachments

• 5EFF01CF-4267-4505-A69B-290314C19717.jpeg
    5EFF01CF-4267-4505-A69B-290314C19717.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 4B9DCCB9-AA33-4ED2-BD05-B09BC3C1761F.jpeg
    4B9DCCB9-AA33-4ED2-BD05-B09BC3C1761F.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 117
I don’t think there is much you can do at this point except keep putting the ointment on and keep an eye on it.
Since you fixed the basking branch I would really pay attention to the temps.
I don’t think the spikes will grow back once they are gone that’s it.
Nails only grow back if the nail bed is healthy. My Cham has lost some nails and so far only one is growing back.

I don’t think there is much you can do at this point except keep putting the ointment on and keep an eye on it.
Since you fixed the basking branch I would really pay attention to the temps.
I don’t think the spikes will grow back once they are gone that’s it.
Nails only grow back if the nail bed is healthy. My Cham has lost some nails and so far only one is growing back.
To add to this you not only want to lower your basking branches but also make sure your heat lamp isn’t sitting right on top of the screen.

Isn’t this OTC?

I'm not sure. I looked to pick some up for a cham first aid kit but it required a vet RX to order. My sister is a nurse and I tried to get her to get me some and no dice on that front, either.

I decided to go with that Makuna honey instead.

Back
Top Bottom