My chameleon is a mood ring.

Kalistina

I love how every time I look inside Camo's enclosure he's a completely different chammie. I know he changes with his mood, but I was curious about everyone else. What different colors/shades does your baby change depending on his or her mood?

IMAG0127_1_zpsec515ac4.jpg

Here's Camo in his most used skin. Relaxed, content, full, happy.

Please post pictures too! I'm super interested in how to tell what he's feeling.

This is Ichabods "Leave me alone, I'm trying to sleep" colors. Although I guess all his colors are his "leave me alone" colors. He isn't very friendly... yet.
BQui3K6h.jpg

He's gorgeous! Did you inherit him while he was older? I noticed you said he isn't very friendly yet. What are you doing to help that? I'm a new mommy so everyone's stories are helpful!

I bought him when he was about 3 months old. He's almost 6 months now, I believe.
As for what I do to get him accustomed to me. I hand feed him everyday a few crickets or worms, and let him chase around the rest. I also like to spend some time around the cage, just sitting and reading. I also move my hand slowly to him and hold it there for a short time, then slowly move it away. He's getting a lot better, he wouldn't eat from my hand for the first month. He also doesn't run away from me as much or curl his tail when I get near.

I'm trying that with Camo. I had not tried to hand feed him yet since he's so little, but I tried today. He had already had a couple dubias so I decided to try it. He saw that sucker moving and went for it instantly! Lucky for me I think he's going to be one that looks being out and inside his home. :-D Good luck worth Ichabod. It's a fantastic name! And thank you for the picture :):):)

Back
Top Bottom