My chameleon has a nose problem and skin problem around its mouth

Coiler

The brown stuff is from the dirt, she has just laid eggs. Also I noticed she's got her mouth open a little bit
20220310_203450.jpg
20220310_203445.jpg

Did she had this already before the egg laying? It looks like it´s not only her mouth, she´s missing a piece of skin by her nose and it looks like it´s something wrong with her eye as well. I bet she did a lot screen rubbing in her receptive phase and no it´s got infected . She needs a vet visit ASAP to get proper medical treatment for this, before bacteria growth keeps on going further up.

And a small tip, it´s really stressful for them to hold her that way. Best is letting her sit on your open hand or arm. They feel you as a predator this way.

She had dry skin around her mouth but after she laid her nose has swollen. Also yes her eye doesn't look normal also has just started to look strange. I haven't seen her rubbing tho. Unless she has at night. I will take her tomorrow fingers crossed. I'm in hk and with the covid everything is shut or in lockdown. If I can't get her to a vet any recommendations?
That's very helpful to know, I'm a beginner so any helpful info is most welcome.

She had dry skin around her mouth but after she laid her nose has swollen. Also yes her eye doesn't look normal also has just started to look strange. I haven't seen her rubbing tho. Unless she has at night. I will take her tomorrow fingers crossed. I'm in hk and with the covid everything is shut or in lockdown. If I can't get her to a vet any recommendations?
That's very helpful to know, I'm a beginner so any helpful info is most welcome.
Hopefully you can take her in tomorrow. Without knowing what kind of infection, it’s difficult to start a treatment. She definitely rubbed it against something, which is got infected during the digging and maybe due the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom