My chameleon ate a snake!

Erwan

As I was feeding 15 new born corn snakes, I realized that one was missing. After looking on the floor, I wondered if the snake had made it to chameleon's cage. My jaw dropped when I saw my chameleon finishing the end of the snake, slurping it like a noodle!

My chameleon is safe. Nedless to say, he was full for a few days :)

Wow what a surprise.

I bet a lot of people will stir up a huge fuss about this sooner or later..

I'm just gonna go ahead and say chameleons will eat anything they think they can that wanders in there.

Like mice. And geckos. Regardless if you love geckos or mice or snakes, it might happen. As we've learned today anyway. :p

Hah! I'm sure it's a nice little welcomed treat for the cham. I'm sure they do the same thing in the wild plenty of times.

My friend used to cull deformed baby snakes by feeding it to her moniter and beardies. Sounds cruel, but hey, it's better than the snake going into the trash can and accomplishing nothing. Better to help nourish another life, I guess. Circle of life! (Albeit a bit artificial!)

Ewww! How big was the baby snake??

Be careful not to feed stuff like that often (I know this was an accident).

Snakes give me the heebie jeebies..lol. I think it's the lack of legs...:rolleyes:

Ugh, I still remember with horror the first time a chameleon of mine found a house gecko. I heard a crunching from my Jackson's cage and looked, surprised that food had lasted overnight, and I found the back half of a largish house gecko hanging out. As a gecko lover I was a little taken aback, but Othello found it a delicious treat. It certainly hasn't been the last gecko to find an untimely end at the hands of a chameleon, since they seem to sneak in on new plants or hatch in new soil, but I still feel bad for them. But it's true that chameleons will go after anything that seems feasibly edible, we just have to be careful to avoid animal protein as a regular part of their diet.

I'm sorry about your baby corn though, I'm sure that's not what you wanted to happen to any of your snakes!

The baby snake was about 6-8 inches long and the diameter of a big straw. I didn't care too much about the snake since I ended up giving them away. More baby snakes are on the way this year as the female is pregnant again!

I dont forsee any backlash towards you for the simple fact you didnt feed it to your cham. The snake simply chose an assisted suicide.

Back
Top Bottom