My chameleon and Me

kalawatt21

This thread is all about all the not so often discussed nuances and new priorities that come with Husbandry. Today I was thinking about the impact that my chameleon has had in my life. I sat at my desk thinking about how now instead of hitting the snooze button six times every dreary morning, I'm jumping out of bed to gather some crickets in a cup and start breakfast for my chameleon. I am by no means a morning person but this responsibility to feed my cham before myself has made me more productive in the morning and a less selfish person. Owning a chameleon has made me a better person and I'd like for the community to chime in with their stories of all the little changes they have made in their lives for the betterment of their chameleons lives.

What's your story?

Welcome to the forums. I love getting up in the mornings too. It really is fun to take care of them. There's something really special about chameleons and they get right into your heart really fast. :)

My chameleon will only (and I mean only) eat mealworms out of my hand, and he loves them, so its always the favorite part of my morning to get up and feed him a bunch of mealworms right out of my palm :) all of my other reptiles are nocturnal, so I have to wait till the night time to hang out with them, haha. :)

I love getting up to get the lights on and see my wee Corona first thing in the morning. He loves getting a wee spray and always hand feeds in the morning from myself and my son who seems to have bonded really well with my chameleon..

I'm new to this and only had him a few days getting used to the Mornjng cricket routine but lovely to see him he brightens my day

How did my chameleons make me a better person? Hmmm well they didn't exactly make me a better person, but they did provide an awesome way to bond with my 5 year old son. I have three children, husband, salamander, two chameleons, and a dog. The salamander came after the chameleons. Anyway, I've never been the typical girl. I look the part, but I am a lover of all creatures. All of them. I have yet to find a living creature that I don't find beautiful. My 5 year old son is the exact same way. He is the one who got me into chameleons. We saw one at a pet store one day and he wanted it- I was so thrilled that he showed an interest in a creature that we bought the chameleon on the spot. It was a terrible move on my part because I had no experience with these wonderful creatures. Took me about two months to get everything up to par. Luckily our impulse buy had no negative effects on Green Scorpion (xantholophus that my son named) We now have two chameleons that live like kings and every time the fedex man rings the door bell you will see both my son and I racing to the door to see what feeders have arrived. He's not a morning person at all. Especially when he has to get up for school, but getting all the feeders dusted and ready to consume puts a smile on his face. One of our chameleons loves super worms and my son always hand feeds him a couple before we leave for school.

This was taken 7 months ago. Both the beautiful creatures in this picture have grown a ton :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom