my cham layed eggs to day

Cindy

My nine month veild cham layed 31 eggs to day unfertile took almost 10 hours
does any one have any advice on how to get her back in shape is there any thing special I should do for her also for you guys that have females what temps do you recommend I keep her at so she does not layed eggs for a long
again I know she wiil lay eggs again I have read that if you keep them in the low 80sthat some ever lay eggs is this true?

I seem to have no luck with my veiled not laying, they both lay when ever they want. Rotten brats.:D Since she layed eggs you need to let her eat a lot more than usual to build her back up. I try to feed soft feeder items, slik worms, horn worms, a few wax worms also add back crickets after a day or so and roaches or supers, what ever you usually feed her. Glad to hear she came through ok.

It is true that with some females lower temps can stop them from producing eggs. But...in my experience, once they lay, it is a different story trying to get them to stop.

Its the diet IMHO that stops them from laying....I keep the temperature slightly lower just to help slow the metabolism slightly.

The time IMHO to start watching the diet is just a couple of days after the egglaying....I feed them well for a couple of days after laying the eggs and then cut them back.

Its explained in Brad's blog about Kitty.

Back
Top Bottom