my Cham is a wierdo!

boneseast

so King Louies new thing when he comes out of the cage is to quickly run up my arm perch himself on my shoulder and lick my plugs In my ears. He's done it twice now the first time he did it I freaked cause I thought he was trying going to bite my earlobe. He's been a little bastard the last week so I wouldn't put it past him. But no bites just a wierdo lizard licking plastic stuff in my ears. I'll try and video it or get some pictures next time he is out.

I'm not sure type of cham you have, but panthers will ocassionly lick the surfaces they are walking on.

Its because they smell. My dogs lick mine, my geckos hace licked and bit mine and one of my snakes, the only time i was scared about it, slithered up my arm to my ear and actually started looping himself in and "tasting" the back of my plug.

ive had the best luck with wooden or bone plugs, not only do they smell the least they absorb bacteria helping keep yours ears in better shape and require less cleaning but more careful about water when they are in your ear

what size are you at?

In at 3/4" I wear stone most of the time but for work I wear plastic incase they fall out or something the stone wont break.

long time ago i got mine down to 0 dident go any further then that but i cleaned em daily with a mix of sea salt and alchole and it helped out alot. i took em out and there prob somewhere around 8 or 10 guage

That is pretty hilarious. My dogs do it to mine too. Or at least try to. When I am sleeping they will jump on my head and start licking my ear until the gauge falls out!! Animals have a great sense of smell, so if you can imagine how "ear cheese" (i kow it's gross) smells to us, just imagine how it smells to them!! :eek:

mine is always wanting to get by my plugs too lol but i havent got licked yet he just chills by my ear

imagine my fear/shock when i had to uncoil my 13" baby king snake out of my 1" tunnels... not that i was too afraid of the bite hurting, he had coiled himself through the hole 4 or 5 times and i was afraid he was going to try and constrict my ears lol

Back
Top Bottom