My cham hasnt ate in 4 days what do i do?

Yeah your heat levels may not be right at basking level. You need to buy a heat gun off amazon they are like 15 bucks. Take the temp of the branch if it is 82 then it should be the perfect temp for the cham being higher in the heat. You can use the heat gun on the cham as well. But please fill out the form. We could be missing a great deal of info to give you.

In the mean time here are links with additional info and images to help you
the images can be printed out at this link. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/images/
Read through this... https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

View attachment 236382View attachment 236383View attachment 236384View attachment 236385
Alright thanks

Well I filled the form I have a veiled cham male juvenile I've had it for 1 week. I only handle when needed. I'm feed him meal worms and i try crickets I do dump the meal worms and crickets in powdered vitamins but he never eat them I do just put them in a feeder cup cause if I let loose in the cage I lose where they are. im using zoo med as a vitamin/calcium powder. I'm using a reptirain machine to just the cage every 12 hours I do some times just it myself when I see him looking for something and yes I see him drink.so the colors are odd cause he hangs in a high branch and he is basically dark green I asume its to take in more light and no he hasn't been tested since I got him at least. For the history its from the place I got my cham pet stop the lady said to grab a pair of twezer s and put a cricket in front of him but when I do it he gets scared and walks away so I don't know. The cage is screen I don't know the demsions. The lighting brand is also zoo med. For the schedule I leave it on for the morning and the afternoon and turning off at night. The temp is usually 77 to 78°F or lower. I don't know at night and I have auto therm. I'm still try to get a humidifier. I'm using plastic plants. Its slightly close to a air vent but far enough where he doesn't get hit. I'm in Florida

Well I filled the form I have a veiled cham male juvenile I've had it for 1 week. I only handle when needed. I'm feed him meal worms and i try crickets I do dump the meal worms and crickets in powdered vitamins but he never eat them I do just put them in a feeder cup cause if I let loose in the cage I lose where they are. im using zoo med as a vitamin/calcium powder. I'm using a reptirain machine to just the cage every 12 hours I do some times just it myself when I see him looking for something and yes I see him drink.so the colors are odd cause he hangs in a high branch and he is basically dark green I asume its to take in more light and no he hasn't been tested since I got him at least. For the history its from the place I got my cham pet stop the lady said to grab a pair of twezer s and put a cricket in front of him but when I do it he gets scared and walks away so I don't know. The cage is screen I don't know the demsions. The lighting brand is also zoo med. For the schedule I leave it on for the morning and the afternoon and turning off at night. The temp is usually 77 to 78°F or lower. I don't know at night and I have auto therm. I'm still try to get a humidifier. I'm using plastic plants. Its slightly close to a air vent but far enough where he doesn't get hit. I'm in Florida
Sounds like you have some homework to do.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
chameleon-food.jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-supplements.jpg
chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg
chameleon-uvb-light.jpg

Not trying to sound like a jerk but this is extremely confusing to read through... Next time just copy the form questions, paste it in the reply box below, and put your answers next to each question. It'll help us find specific red flags faster.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, he needs a basking temp of around 83-85*F. He probably isn't eating because 78*F is too cool. They depend on proper temps for their metabolism and digestion.
Read this and adjust your care to match this guide. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

More necessary info to learn: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/

Not trying to sound like a jerk but this is extremely confusing to read through... Next time just copy the form questions, paste it in the reply box below, and put your answers next to each question. It'll help us find specific red flags faster.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, he needs a basking temp of around 83-85*F. He probably isn't eating because 78*F is too cool. They depend on proper temps for their metabolism and digestion.
Read this and adjust your care to match this guide. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

More necessary info to learn: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/
Kinda why I just said do your HW lol

So update on the cage

The cage needs a lot of work.

For starters, take out the substrate in the bottom. It serves no functional purpose for the chameleon and will only act as a breeding ground for dangerous bacteria that will make your chameleon sick and quite possibly kill it.

One of the very first rules of chameleon keeping is that they need a lot of foliage cover to make them feel secure. Repeat after me: "Empty space is wasted space"! By that tried and true metric, your enclosure is probably 90% wasted space and provides almost no where for the chameleon to hide. What you need to do is to add a lot more horizontal branches/vines/perches of varying diameters at all different elevations throughout the cage. Try to make a sort of ladder effect for the cham to use. They are strictly arboreal and need a lot more to climb on than you have. Focus especially on the top half of the enclosure. Your cham currently doesn't have a basking branch close enough to the basking light to warm itself properly.

Also, is that a dripper towards the top? If it is, it is useless in its current position. Drippers only work if they drip onto something for the chameleon to drink off of (no the bowl doesn't count for this).

So update on the cage

Ok it’s good that you are working on it! Not there yet. Don’t quit, keep the momentum going we want more progress pictures.
Next try removing the substrate and adding a plant like an umbrella plant, and some horizontal branches or dowels.
Check the list of safe plants?
Is he eating?

Back
Top Bottom