My Cham has Impaction. your experiences?

Did you see him eat the leaves?
Yesterday i said i was overreacting and was putting the pieces together that assumed he ate them (as i saw him make a solid attempt at one). maybe i was!

Because i have a great update: i just woke up to check on him and HE POOPED! a very big one too with urate that is a clean white!!!! stool was a bit runny and wet but hes been being sprayed ALOT these past 2 days

he is still looking a bit dehydrated so ill work on getting him back to a healthy baseline now. at this point i really have no clue if actually ate the leaves, they were used for other projects and they could've fallen of before they were cleaned and added to his enclosure (regardless he will not be "enjoying" them in his enclosure any longer).

what do you guys think should be the next step? should i still take him to the vet even tho he made the bowel movement?

Yesterday i said i was overreacting and was putting the pieces together that assumed he ate them (as i saw him make a solid attempt at one). maybe i was!

Because i have a great update: i just woke up to check on him and HE POOPED! a very big one too with urate that is a clean white!!!! stool was a bit runny and wet but hes been being sprayed ALOT these past 2 days

he is still looking a bit dehydrated so ill work on getting him back to a healthy baseline now. at this point i really have no clue if actually ate the leaves, they were used for other projects and they could've fallen of before they were cleaned and added to his enclosure (regardless he will not be "enjoying" them in his enclosure any longer).

what do you guys think should be the next step? should i still take him to the vet even tho he made the bowel movement?
Take out the fake leaves and put real (Cham safe!) plants in there so it doesn’t happen again

Take out the fake leaves and put real (Cham safe!) plants in there so it doesn’t happen again
they've been out for about a day now. the care guides i read said they would be safe (never read this forum before) but as soon as i saw him go for a bit on one i took all of them out. they will not be making a return to his cage, i promise you that.

will go to the garden center and add a few more Cham safe plants today. (i got organic soil as well to swap them into)

That’s great news! Glad it all worked out and your guy isn’t full of plastic.

Bill

is there a cleaning solution that is recommended? i have standard anti-bacterial hand soap as well as F10 vet spray

Umm ya I mean there is a few processes you can follow,

I like this video/methods, obviously you have not time to quarintine so be sure to do the rest as well as possible.

Your concerns are Pesticides, Pests, and chemicals mostly.

That is great news. Could you see chunks of dirt in the stool? Just hoping he passed everything non-edible that he has been eating.

While at the garden center make sure to pick up some river rocks at least 1” or larger diameter to cover the soil in the plants. Pothos is my favorite for my chams and from all the little chomped leaves, seems to be their favorite as well. This may help to select safe plants. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/

So glad your chameleon pooped! (Do you ever notice how often we talk about poop on this forum!?!? Geesh!)

I would just keep an eye on him now and keep him well hydrated..and cover the soil on the plants.

So glad your chameleon pooped! (Do you ever notice how often we talk about poop on this forum!?!? Geesh!)

I would just keep an eye on him now and keep him well hydrated..and cover the soil on the plants.
yeah seems to be a thing now, ya know? strangers on the internet excited about poop from a lizard! lol

OP, I'm glad your cham is pooping and I hope hes dojng well now, but I would definitely keep him hydrated

Back
Top Bottom