My cat

Kayroxyoursox

My cat Toby is s semi outside cat. We live in a very safe place with little traffic so I don't worry about him too much. He is usually outside waiting when i come home at night but last night he wasn't there. That has happened before but in those cases he is always at the door waiting to come in in the morning. I went to the door this morning and no Toby :(. I am getting worried something has happened to him.

I am always worried about my cats when they sneak outside. Try taking some of his food outside and shaking the bag. Or bring some of his favorite toys outside and try to entice him to come home. When cats go missing 75% of the time they stay within 25 yards of their home. You should also try calling his name if his food and toys don't work. Good luck, I hope Toby makes it back alright!

Thanks. He's very friendly and affectionate. I'm wondering if he didn't wander up to someone for some attention and get catnapped.:eek:

Oh no that would be awful! Maybe ask around and see if your neighbors saw him or left food out.

I hope he comes home. We just watched this show about how they put trackers on cats to monitor where they went when they weren't in the house. Most of them did stay close to home. I would take a walk and look for him and bring some treats with.

He may have got shut in somewhere? We have a feral cat living under our porch steps. I hadn't seen her for a couple of months, then ran into a neighbour who told me there was a feral cat in her basement! She'd been feeding her but the cat was too skittish to leave. She's now back under our porch and I'm happy knowing she has at least two homes feeding her!

Poor Toby! I'm so sorry you had to go through this :/ that's awful. Did you ask your neighbors?

I've asked my two immediate neighbors. They both know him because he does spend a lot of time outside. I'm going to make some fliers and put them up in case someone took him thinking he was abandoned.

I put up some fliers around the neighborhood and we are going to the animal shelter today to see if someone took him over there. I think he's gone though. Now all I have to do is resist the urge to adopt all the cats at the shelter.

If I can find a runaway tortoise through the power of fliers, there's an excellent chance you'll find your kitty! Check with your local police force too, sometimes they get a call.

I went to the shelter, no luck as expected. I was looking on the local humane society Facebook page and they had a couple of kittens that are the same kind he was. I went over there fully intending to adopt a cute little kitten. Then i walked in the door and saw this guy. I just had to have him he's so sweet and cute. I still miss my Toby but maybe this guy will make it a little easier. I'll continue looking for Toby, and if by some miracle he makes his way home, they are both so friendly in sure they'll get along fine. but with the coyotes around here I don't have much hope finding him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 147
I'm very sorry your cat has gone missing :( I know my heart dropped when my Soltera got out. I dont know if you tried but some places suggest leaving food and water out for the cat and it might help them come home. Or putting like oil from canned chicken or tuna in a bowl attracts them too. I'm trying to find this wonderful article I found about essentially giving your house a broad base of the cats smell so the cat can smell themselves and hopefully return home. I will post if I can find it. Best of luck!

I'm not having much luck finding what I was looking for but same stating almost the same thing as putting things that belonged to your cat outside and he might pick up his own scent to follow home

I don't know where you live but I am in Illinois and there is a FB page called Lost cats of IL where people post their lost cats and they also post cats they've found. Maybe your state has one or another type of online community where people post information about lost and found pets.

Back
Top Bottom