My carpet chameleon eyes are closed

Anitec21

His eyes are closed he opens them but closes them heres his info

Size: juvenile
Handling: 3 times a month mostly cleaning
Temperature 80-84 basking bulb 40w and uvb is reptisun 5.0
Humidity 70- 80s i spray his cage and have his dripper
Cage size 18x12x20
Feeding calcium without d3 every feeding twice a month both d3 and multivitamins

Im worried about him i got him as a juvenile at a expo and he was find i had him for month and he was ok he kinda look like he had a previous problem mouth rot and his bottom eye looked scared but i have a jacksons and hes in great condition but this carpets not i talked to my usual vet doctor but he told me to clean his eye with saline solution i did that but nothung then tried the shower trick but nothing he was getting scared. Help me please.

Most likley a vit A def. How are you gutloading you insects?Are you putting your cham outside for real sun?It takes a bit more than suppliments to keep your cham healthy. You can pick up some organic/natural vit A gel tablets 6000-8000iud use a push pin and poke a whole in it and put 1 drop on a feeder. Once every 5 days for 2 weeks.Dont over do it too much can be bad too. I made the switch to rapashy calicum plus about 18 months ago and have not had an eye issue since.In the winter months All my chams get a drop of vit A once a month.Another tip date your uvb bulbs there only good for 6 months.Post a pic of your setup and cham. good luck curt

Most likley a vit A def. How are you gutloading you insects?Are you putting your cham outside for real sun?It takes a bit more than suppliments to keep your cham healthy. You can pick up some organic/natural vit A gel tablets 6000-8000iud use a push pin and poke a whole in it and put 1 drop on a feeder. Once every 5 days for 2 weeks.Dont over do it too much can be bad too. I made the switch to rapashy calicum plus about 18 months ago and have not had an eye issue since.In the winter months All my chams get a drop of vit A once a month.Another tip date your uvb bulbs there only good for 6 months.Post a pic of your setup and cham. good luck curt

Well i buy crickets from petcos and its already gutload and i live in Texas where its very hot i love to put my chameleon but he turns black. So about the vitamin a gel tablets i can give it to my carpets today yesterday he ate dusted multivitamin crickets and i can give my healthy jacksons some too?

I talked to a reptile expert and i told him the calcium that i use which was zoo med repti calcium and Herptivite Multivitamin and of course calcium d3 and he told me that the supplies is right he said that the vit A gel is ok too but my suppliment is right so its not me it was the previous owner.

Hi Anitec,

When he closes his eyes, does he keep them closed even when you interact with him or if he is misted? Or does he more so just keep them closed when he is on a branch in his cage basking or such?

Also, this may be a personal preference thing, but I tend to shy away from the PetCo crickets that are pre-bagged. I like to purchase my crickets locally as well but get them from PetSmart. Even though they are gut loaded when you purchase them, I still throw some carrots or other veggies/fruits in my cricket box to keep them loaded at all times.

I have a 1yr old Carpet cham and I have noticed that he sometimes closes his eyes during daytime but he always opens them if he senses me approaching his cage. He doesn't seem to have any issues so I just assume he is resting his eyes while basking.

Hi Anitec,

When he closes his eyes, does he keep them closed even when you interact with him or if he is misted? Or does he more so just keep them closed when he is on a branch in his cage basking or such?

Also, this may be a personal preference thing, but I tend to shy away from the PetCo crickets that are pre-bagged. I like to purchase my crickets locally as well but get them from PetSmart. Even though they are gut loaded when you purchase them, I still throw some carrots or other veggies/fruits in my cricket box to keep them loaded at all times.

I have a 1yr old Carpet cham and I have noticed that he sometimes closes his eyes during daytime but he always opens them if he senses me approaching his cage. He doesn't seem to have any issues so I just assume he is resting his eyes while basking.

Its both when i mist and intereact his eyes look sunken im pretty much doing everything im im sure its dehydration i mist the cage like theres no tomorrow and dripper system
but hes not wanting to drink im probly gonna force him to drink no choice but im thinking of getting a veiled instead they are good with heat and normal misting it can be dry. Carpets lives for 3 years so maybe old age?

Back
Top Bottom